Ibanez JS2410-SYB - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-01-2021, 12:19 PM

Re: Ibanez JS2410-SYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
My eyes aren't what they used to be and the new finish looks almost like it's got a subtle pearl to it.

I have to say that it's growing on me, probably with fluffy white clouds, I mean white pickups swapped in!
I'm the same, though I was thinking off white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 06:16 PM

It's actually growing on me atm with the full resolution pics and I already own a Muscle Car Purple
darrenw5094 is online  
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 07:10 PM

I just noticed on Rich's site, that the new JS model is multi radius. Also, the thickness of the neck is 19mm at first fret going up to 21mm.

Pretty sure that it's incorrect
darrenw5094 is online  
post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Vendor

Since 1998 when they lasered Chromebody they always said the new neck program was based on the rear carve of Chromeboy, which was cut the way he wanted, multi radiused. Refers to the back of the neck, not the fretboard.

Anybody know when they changed the spec from 19-21 to 20-22.3?? I've just been copying the same specs over. I'd never notice 1mm, comfortable is comfortable, always my favorite neck.

There is currently an issue with all the Prestige Wizard specs. They're all supposed to be 17-19 Wizard HP but if you measure them they're all 20/21-22/23. I even went back to check a 2 year old 652, same thing. Genesis, same thing. Was brought to my attention by somebody that had bought a 5320L somewhere else complaining the neck wasn't Wizard. I figured he was just imagining it so I pulled one out to measure for him, 21-23. They've gone much more C shape in the back which is where the extra thickness is coming from. Not like I measure neck specs as part of incoming inspection and nobody has said a thing. Called my rep, he said he had a dealer that swore the necks were alot fatter and pulled out his 89' 550 to show him. I have a letter to Japan in my task bar still waiting for the company email to come up to send it and get to the bottom of it because every model is listed as 17-19 and every dealer is using the same spec.
lordhar and chris101 like this.

Last edited by Rich; 02-02-2021 at 07:34 PM.
Rich is online  
post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Since 1998 when they lasered Chromebody they always said the new neck program was based on the rear carve of Chromeboy, which was cut the way he wanted, multi radiused. Refers to the back of the neck, not the fretboard.

Anybody know when they changed the spec from 19-21 to 20-22.3?? I've just been copying the same specs over. I'd never notice 1mm, comfortable is comfortable, always my favorite neck.

There is currently an issue with all the Prestige Wizard specs. They're all supposed to be 17-19 Wizard HP but if you measure them they're all 20/21-22/23. I even went back to check a 2 year old 652, same thing. Genesis, same thing. Was brought to my attention by somebody that had bought a 5320L somewhere else complaining the neck wasn't Wizard. I figured he was just imagining it so I pulled one out to measure for him, 21-23. They've gone much more C shape in the back which is where the extra thickness is coming from. Not like I measure neck specs as part of incoming inspection and nobody has said a thing. Called my rep, he said he had a dealer that swore the necks were alot fatter and pulled out his 89' 550 to show him. I have a letter to Japan in my task bar still waiting for the company email to come up to send it and get to the bottom of it because every model is listed as 17-19 and every dealer is using the same spec.
Coolio, so the necks are all over the place. 😬
darrenw5094 is online  
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-16-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
My eyes aren't what they used to be and the new finish looks almost like it's got a subtle pearl to it.

I have to say that it's growing on me, probably with fluffy white clouds, I mean white pickups swapped in!
Its growing on me too.... glad it doesnt have the Sustainiac, I like a good neck pickup.
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-16-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Interesting, that's a serious difference –*21-23 + C shape is old Roadstar territory! I've often fantasized about a square heel RG with a thicker neck, ahh gas...

This seems to be turning into another episode like pinched studs/fat knives. Dealers and players: 'these ain't Wizard necks', Ibz management: 'no, no, spec sheet says Wizard, 17-19'.
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-16-2021, 05:46 PM
Vendor

The 565's just came in best I could see last night, 18-19.5. Much closer
Rich is online  
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old Today, 06:56 PM

I want this JS so bad, but I don't need another floater. I wish it had the FX trem so could lock it in place. Still an awesome looking guitar I love the contrast in color between the pups and finish!
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old Today, 07:08 PM

Get it and block the trem.
OCDemon is online  
post #71 of 71 (permalink) Old Today, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
Get it and block the trem.
Definitely an option and I think I have a tremolo-no laying around Hmmmm...hahaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode