Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez JS2410-SYB

16K views 83 replies 17 participants last post by  JH1980 
#1 ·
As predicted, the whinging and whining of the fanboys has begun on the internet, pretty much why I avoid most forums....

Eww I hate the pickup colour...its not a 'new' model...wheres the sustainiac etc. etc

1) Dont like it, dont buy it
2) The guitar is what Joe wants it to be

Its just a guitar, there will be another along in oh, 12 mths so dont get your knickers in a twist... or god forbid, maybe try a different guitar if you dont like this one? I hear there's a company called Fender that makes popular guitars all the kids like....

Whinging about it wont change it... like it, hate it... its here!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Not sure on the color combo... Is this Superman's signature guitar? ;-) Would look better with black pickups, I think. Someday it would be nice to have a 24 fret JS though... I love playing my JS1200 way below the skill level that it deserves, fantastic quality and wonderful feeling neck.

#8 ·
I like it alright. It's nice to see some actual color that pops on these newer JS guitars. There wasn't much of an option in the past. The sustainiac is cool and all... but you loose something with it that I can't part with, It's a character... like having a traditional alnico single coil over a ceramic. Some people like the traditional singles... I like the ceramic. There's something about the tone... plus you no longer have your coil splitting tone pot. It's a compromise of sorts.

#16 ·
Yellow is a fake I made... Joe does have a prototype of this one....

My understanding is: The blue one, Joe has a couple of blue prototypes, but nothing has gone into production as of yet... Im being told July/August at the earliest, once Joe signs off on the final guitar... not likely to see more pics until the first models roll of the production line, unless Joe feels the need to share pics of his, but I think the colours a bit different anyway.

No news on the JS hes been working on for '10 years', he mentioned in a live stream. Other mentions were a 22 fret model, and a model using thew Edge FX bridge... but no sign at NAMM, so maybe mid-year, NAMM 2022 or never?

You know how it is.

#19 ·
Yellow is a fake I made... Joe does have a prototype of this one....

My understanding is: The blue one, Joe has a couple of blue prototypes, but nothing has gone into production as of yet... Im being told July/August at the earliest, once Joe signs off on the final guitar... not likely to see more pics until the first models roll of the production line, unless Joe feels the need to share pics of his, but I think the colours a bit different anyway.

No news on the JS hes been working on for '10 years', he mentioned in a live stream. Other mentions were a 22 fret model, and a model using thew Edge FX bridge... but no sign at NAMM, so maybe mid-year, NAMM 2022 or never?

You know how it is.
I do yes

#37 · (Edited)
Wow great find its cool to see it with the red pickups is that on his IG? You know the blue one may look better with darker blue set of pickups.

They dont seem as striking at the MC Orange one, are they the finished design? they look prototypey?

The Yellow also looks cool

Do you think the JS1CR is worth it? I have been thinking about getting a new JS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.