Ibanez MM1 or... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez MM1 or...

Hi. First post at this site!

I checked out a YouTube studio version of "Still Got the Blues" with Marcus Miller and Andy Timmons playing. Both sound great. It's a really fine version of the tune if you're into blues.

I play a '69 LP for humbucker sounds but it's getting heavier, so I've always got my eye out for a light alternative.

The MM1 that Marcus is playing sounds incredible (as does he, of course). I'm wondering if there's an equivalent model that doesn't have his endorsement? Basically, I'd like a different finish on the exact same ax, if that's at all possible.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM

Reviews: 21
Re: Ibanez MM1 or...

Martin Miller.
I'm not sure that same axe exists as a non-sig. His is the only Prestige level AZ with a mahogany body I think. The standard AZ2402 is pretty much the same guitar but with an alder body not Mahognay. TBH if I had my pick of any Prestige AZ it would be the MM1.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Martin Miller.
I'm not sure that same axe exists as a non-sig. His is the only Prestige level AZ with a mahogany body I think. The standard AZ2402 is pretty much the same guitar but with an alder body not Mahognay. TBH if I had my pick of any Prestige AZ it would be the MM1.
Yes: Martin. My bad.

Interesting and thanks for the tip: Mahogany, to my mind, is key. I hadn't checked that on the description and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the sound. My LP is mahogany and I was struck by how much that MM1 sounded like it, playing the YouTube through my stereo.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 06:55 AM

Maybe this could help. Mahogany Ibanez and Gary Moore cover.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Interesting you’d mention that guitar. I think it’s the same one that Martin Miller played before developing his signature model. They were comparing it to the MM1 in an interview I checked out.

Tags
equivalent , marcus millr , mm1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode