Ibanez no good for djent... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez no good for djent...

Can ibanez even b used 4 djent? My uncle gave me this green one with some dumb drawing on it so i spray painted it a brutal black finish!

I gave it a matte feel too by sanding it down a bit afterwards

But yaeh, i am having truble getting a good djent sound out of it?

My rig right now is:

Pod XT with the big bottom amp sim...then an axe FX II inserted into the loop for effects. I dont use the AFXII for my amp sim because misha mansoor uses the big bottom so i tought i shud use that 1.

Also then i have two misha mansoor protone boosts. One i use in front and one after, then 6 noisegates inserted using AFX and some compressors (about 3) and then a real ISP decimator.

What do you guys think??? Also i bought a set of BAREKNUCKLE aftermaths and they wouldnt fit in the green jem so i just kinda routed it. I dont have a router so i used a chisel and hammer.

Any advice for better djent tones???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez no good for djent...

Some guy named Bryan told me that i should sand down the guitar initially btw, he said thinner finish = better more vibrato-like tone.

Any1 know if this is the truth?
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Some guy named Bryan told me that i should sand down the guitar initially btw, he said thinner finish = better more vibrato-like tone.

Any1 know if this is the truth?
Yeah, sanding your guitar will help with the tone, but ultimately your best bet is to cut away all wood on the body except for the bare minimum needed. That Bryan guy you reffered to really must know his stuff!!!

-_- I will destroy you. Hahaha
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 PM

Buy an 11R and run your Axe FXII though it, make sure that and the rest of your rig is suspended upside-down by chains from the ceiling or a tree. That should help. also, you need picks made from moon rock or a meteor.. nothing earthly will suffice. This will help with teh djentz
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Reviews: 25

You had me at sand down the green jem and sprayed it black
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 09:04 PM

First make sure it was Green Ibanez #666
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I hear this was MADE for being stripped and used for djent with that sort of Killer setup
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 PM

Listen here, I am the MASTER of teh DJENTZ, with a minor in DA BROOTZ.

Wat you need to do is run that XT and the AX FX both thru either an ENGL or Diezel head. Make sure you have all the knobs turned to 10 including Bass, Treble, Mids, Presence, Gain, the works. it's really the only way to get the best tonez

Make sure you only use the E string. Alternate between the first fret and open E string, use no other notes ever man. Using other notes is just so unnecessary. No one likes that notey crap anyway.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 PM

^^^ don't forget to tune to drop Gb as well for uber awesome power, this sort of tuning THRIVES on a 15" scale length
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 PM

It couldn't hurt to have Zoot build you a 9 string.
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djentygoodness View Post
Listen here, I am the MASTER of teh DJENTZ, with a minor in DA BROOTZ.

Wat you need to do is run that XT and the AX FX both thru either an ENGL or Diezel head. Make sure you have all the knobs turned to 10 including Bass, Treble, Mids, Presence, Gain, the works. it's really the only way to get the best tonez

Make sure you only use the E string. Alternate between the first fret and open E string, use no other notes ever man. Using other notes is just so unnecessary. No one likes that notey crap anyway.
hello m8, thx for ur pro advicing. I will take this into considering for the next djent of FUNTIMES i do.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 AM

Reviews: 4

Stealthdjentstic.... Ibanez haz the djent. But I know a lot of us are waiting for a 25-30" fanned xiphos with (real) BKPs in it.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
it was #1.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Can ibanez even b used 4 djent?
No, they can't, well apart from the LACS models.

It's important to remember that djent can only be played on handmade (no CNC work allowed) custom shop guitars, with obscure specifications, scale lengths and exotic woods, that the original owner had once seen on SSO, but never personally tried before. Remember, if you've tried that type of wood before you order it on the custom guitar, that guitar loses the ability to djent.

BKPs are no longer djenty enough because the djent is spread between all the BKP owners worldwide and so has become too diluted.

Realistically, the only way to get a guitar unusual enough to djent these days is to either make it yourself, or steal it from Bulb. Then tune it lower than he does.

For your tonez, you need to upload and download the patches for your Axe FX. It's a FACT that uploading the patches to the interwebz djentifizes the tonez more than if you program them in directly!
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Thx sir jomo u r right. I must hunt mishas bootyfull brown and tune it lower to frop E,, TWO OCTAVES DOWN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode