Ibanez promotion at Ed Roman!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Ibanez promotion at Ed Roman!!!

Every now and again I check out Roman's site (nice pictures) and to my big surprise he is showcasing the new solo-album of one of his employees. This man sais he loves Ibanez guitars and is holding a RG550 DY! Very strange for Ed to place this kind of statement as a confessed Ibanez-hater! Ed even states that this guy, and with that Ibanez, is one of the fastest players in the world. Of course Ed added that he is building a Quicksilver for this man for his next album... But it still looks cool to see this at his website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 06:04 PM

Thats really nice indeed
I (being an European) always love to see his narrowminded redneckish view of the world outside the USA...too bad there are too many felow Americans sharing that vision.

Luckily not on this forum
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:20 PM

Anders -

I'm not out to defend Ed Roman, but do you know that his nationalist attitude spills over onto anything but guitars? Ed may not be your "typical American", but then again, who is? When you say "too many felow Americans", I guess it comes down to how many is too many and what, besides guitars, are you referring to when you say "narrowminded redneckish"? There are a great many citizens of my country, but I would dare say that the vast majority of our population look upon our neighbors overseas with respect. I mean are you thinking about some guy from St. Louis stating that Budweiser is better than Guiness or do you consistently run into Americans that hate anything foreign?

I would say the attitude of any American for whatever reason you would classify as "narrowminded redneck" would certainly benefit from some travel to other parts of the world. I'm sure you'd agree that the same would go for your fellow countrymen. Narrowmindedness is a condition born totally from environment. We could probably rate a similar % of each of our populations as such.

This may be a forum for a specific type of guitar, but it isn't particularly sheltered from any one type of person. If anything, I think this forum represents a good x-section of our world population. It sounds like you haven't, but don't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch!

Take care -

- Chris
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:42 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
one active ER topic is sufficient in this forum. see pinned topic

CLOSED
Closed Thread

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode