IBANEZ RG VS. JEM - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

IBANEZ RG VS. JEM

IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A JEM AND MY QUESTION IS: WOULD YOU RATHER GET AN IBANEZ RG SERIES ABOUT $300.00 AND ADD TWO DIMARZIO EVOLUTIONS ABOUT $130.00 AND A $100.00 CASE WHICH IS $530.00 TOTAL OR GET A JEM FOR $1500.OO JEM INCLUDING THE CASE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 03:44 AM

RG with evolutions and a case: $530
Jem including case: $1500
Laughing at nutcase n00b with a stuck caps lock button: priceless.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
It's dead easy to leave your caps lock on, heck, these days I type so fast I don't leave nearly as many spaces as I should!!!

To answer the question though; it's all a question of budgets. I'd personally much rather pay what I can warrant on a new guitar and get the best one for that budget.

If I couldn't justify spending a fortune, I'd go for the RG, if I could justify spending as much as I liked I'd get a JEM.

IMHO a JEM7V is pretty much the guitar to have for this style, so if you've got the means I highly recommend picking one up, they're so choice

If you've got $500 to spare, get the RG with a pair of DiMarzios, you'll have an absolute blast!!!
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 05:52 AM

Quote:
so if you've got the means I highly recommend picking one up, they're so choice
Ferris Bueller i presume?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 06:33 AM

Yeah I say the same. It all depends on your budget. If you havent got the $$$ for the JEM, then you obviously cant get one. If you can afford both its all up to you. Like jono said, if you get an RG550 say with evolutions, you will have a blast just the same.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

I ACTUALLY ALREADY ORDERED THE JEM AND IT HAS TAKEN OVER TWO MONTHS AND SHOULD BE HERE IN A WEEK AND HALF OR SO, BUT I STILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEND IT BACK IF I WANT. I THINK I'LL KEEP IT THOUGH BECAUSE I LIKE THEM BETTER THAN THE RG'S.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:53 PM

I'm gonna play the a-hole here and ask how it's already taken two and a half months when you posted both posts the same day.
Maybe you already ordered it and then asked a question you've already answered? Just giving you a hard time... lol

Like these guys said, it's all budget. The RG's are great guitars (at least most of them), but there's a certain "WOW" factor to having a Jem in your home. I rarely play mine, but I look at them frequently and refuse to sell any more of them.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i actually already ordered it two and half months ago, but i still have the chance to take it back if i want to, which i probably wont do.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 06:06 PM

Cool man....great guitar, and you may not be online as much once you get it...lol
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:00 PM

You're weak, just like the rest of us. You just paid more money for the same guitar with less wood.
Well done
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:03 PM

If you're getting the VWH once you get your hands on the ebony fretboard you will know that you made the right choice.

Mike
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:06 PM

Well said Bsboy!!!

Mike
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

yeah, ive played various jems off and on which is the reason im buying one, but i do like the feel and sound better than the rg's and dont really mind the extra money.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 08:33 AM

so why are you posting 3 threads in a forum full of JEM fans asking if you should get an RG over a JEM if you've already ordered a JEM.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

because i want jem owners' opinions and not just my opinion about the jems compared to the rg's.

Tags
dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio evolutions , ebony fretboard , equipped guitar , jem neck , monkey grip , pro edge , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode