ibanez sa420x or xdr - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

ibanez sa420x or xdr

Hay all, I have a ibanez sa420x i just bought. I can not find anything on this guitar [info]. Is it rare, I don't know if it is a sa420x or sa420xdr can anybody help????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 PM

I have one also. Model is SA420x -- the "dr" just indicates the color (deep red). The "x" in the name indicates that it has a piezo pickup. Made in 2002 (serial should start with F02...), with ultra neck, V1 and V2 pickups, plus the piezo. One output mixes both signals (regular and piezo); the other one is piezo only for sending to a separate, acoustic amp. Very good guitars, and one of only two SA models that was made in Japan. Only problem may be with the SAT-Pro trem -- the knife edges wear easily and you may need to sharpen them and/or lube the contact points.
Cheers,
Bert

(By the way -- this thread should be in the "Other Ibanez Guitars" forum since this is not a JS model)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Re: ibanez sa420x or xdr

Sry about the wrong posting on the form, Today is my frist day on the site. Can you tell me what this guitar is worth???. you are right my guitar is deep red [ thank you] Also are you saying the sat tremlow on this guitar may ware and might need scarpend where it meets the pegs screwed in to the body?? Thanks
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 08:16 AM

Re: ibanez sa420x or xdr

I think the last one I saw in the auctions went for around $400. And yes -- I found that the knife edges on the trem wore pretty quickly where they meet the posts. I had to carefully clean them up with a file and lube them to get good tuning stability. Try just lubing all contact points first if you have tuning issues. Visit Ibanez Rules site (see banner at top of page) for instructions on how to sharpen knife edges (in Tech section), but don't do it unless the edges are visibly worn and you're confident doing this kind of work. You DON'T want to goof up that trem since it has the piezo saddles and they're not common or easy to replace.

Tags
i need of help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode