Ibanez UTA bar review - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez UTA bar review

So I had been itching to try these out for a while, and while at Vai Academy I got to play/use/abuse them because Steve has them on his guitars (the abuse http://instagram.com/p/qKd1bryBEY/ )

In short- I love it. It's fantastic

The first thing- it's extremely light. And I know that's in the title, but seriously it's lighter than you'd imagine. Which means- almost no mass for flutter. Causing all te flutter to come from the bridge, making it short flutter and not very thick, like when you have a backstop in. (But it's still enough to keep me satisfied)

Two- it feels awesome. Te bar itself is soft, it's almost like that 2500 grit sandpaper softness (except it's not rough at all). It's also thicker, which makes it more comfortable to handle.

The bar makes the whole thing feel more stable and more comfortable.

I use the whammy bar a lot- it's necessary for when I play because it's become part of the way I play. An ordinary person who uses the bar once in a while does NOT NEED IT. But for people who use it a lot, this bar is a must. There's no going back really.

Also- it's kind of scary. When you look at it and move it around, the material gets all kaliedeacope-ish. So you can scare anyone who's watching you

I ended up buying one as soon as I got back- $90 is a lot, but if you're careful not to break it then it's worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
arm , tremolo , ultralite , uta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode