Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature Guitar - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

View Poll Results: To buy the UV77-RE or not to buy?
Yes 20 51.28%
No 19 48.72%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature Guitar

I have had the jem7vwh for 6 years and refuse to play anything other than this beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Not only is it the best looking guitar I have ever seen, but it is also the smoothest neck action I have ever played. The tone and the pickups make this guitar scream through my Marshall amp just like Stevie does. I have been able to reach speeds on riffs that I never thought possible. Now I know how it`s done. I can`t say enough about this perfect machine.

I now want the Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature (Universe 20th Anniversary Limited Edition)...there's only 100 worldwide and 1 at Dolphin Music which is reduced by 1000. Can I really pay 6000 for a guitar though? I am an absolutely huge Steve Vai fan so I guess so. Hummmmmmm....just look at it though...

Can anyone recommend me another Ibanez guitar? That's a little less than that? I need convincing it's not a good idea. But there's ONE. Argh. Yes or No?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature Guitar

I can recomend a much better place to buy it, especially if you actually intend on playing it!
Rich is online  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Nah, I am a loyal Dolphin Music customer. Their prices are often lower than other places and their sales team are always v. helpful! Plus the guitar is cheaper there than anywhere else, paying over 7k is silly when I can buy it there for cheaper!
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Vendor

You're quite wrong, check your PM.
Rich is online  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 PM

Buying a new Ibanez from anyone but Rich is what is silly...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Why would I want to buy a box opened one with scratches etc. when I could have a brand new one?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Buying a new Ibanez from anyone but Rich is what is silly...
Well, I love a guy that's loyal to his local, there's a lot to be said for that! But, they're not cheaper, and if the guitar is going to be played these guitars need some very serious and specialized work to turn them into instruments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1985 View Post
Why would I want to buy a box opened one with scratches etc. when I could have a brand new one?
You've completely lost me there.
Rich is online  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You've completely lost me there.
Me too...
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:57 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
So you're basically saying that Rich will open the box, scratch the living hell out of the guitar and then send it over to you? Maybe you should read few threads about the service from Rich and the quality of instruments he's selling before saying something like that.. I'll give you my left testicle if you get better playing and less scratched instrument from your local shop.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Vendor

I don't think that's what he was saying, but we'll have to wait until he tells us

But, there's no such thing as an unopened box. If it hasn't been opened it hasn't been insepcted [dumb] or pictures of the actual guitar haven't been taken [dumber] so you actually know what you're buying.

Anybody remember that dealer in Florida like 5 years ago that put an "unopened" DNA on e-bay for $6000 [at that time, I think] and refused to open it to take pictures of it? Much less inspect it to see if it had neck joint cracks, bubinga stripe crack, or if it was an ugly duckling.
Rich is online  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
I have had the jem7vwh for 6 years and refuse to play anything other than this beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Not only is it the best looking guitar I have ever seen, but it is also the smoothest neck action I have ever played. The tone and the pickups make this guitar scream through my Marshall amp just like Stevie does. I have been able to reach speeds on riffs that I never thought possible. Now I know how it`s done. I can`t say enough about this perfect machine.

I now want the Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature (Universe 20th Anniversary Limited Edition)...there's only 100 worldwide and 1 at Dolphin Music which is reduced by 1000. Can I really pay 6000 for a guitar though? I am an absolutely huge Steve Vai fan so I guess so. Hummmmmmm....just look at it though...

Can anyone recommend me another Ibanez guitar? That's a little less than that? I need convincing it's not a good idea. But there's ONE. Argh. Yes or No?
If you need to worry about a grand off list price and want to buy it box-fresh from your local store, this probably isn't the guitar for you. Stick to your JEM7VWH.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

remember buying from the u.s.a you will have to pay customs tax,it will be at least 300 for that universe
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Vendor

$7000USD = 4300 pounds. I don't care how much import duty and VAT [22%] you add to it, the point was the OP has plenty of alternatives to the only one he claimed was availiable, both much cheaper, and much better.
Rich is online  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Ibanez UV77-RE Steve Vai Signature Guitar

Not that I'm taking sides here...But I was loyal to a few different stores, and yet my purchase through Rich became the most satisfying purchase of all...He constantly stayed in touch to let me know what was going on, when it arrived, when it would ship, Hell, he even called me to make sure I was happy afterward, and we wound up BS-ing for a bit. Great deals from a great guy, who has great taste in boots!!

The next guitar I get, will be from Rich!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Rich is the man and always will be, I hope once I finish my degree I'll be able to buy out Rich's stock =P

Tags
ibanez 20th anniversary , signature ibanez , steve vai , uv77-re

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode