Ibanez UV777GR - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez UV777GR

Hey all... first post here. Just was wondering how much a 100% mint condition Ibanez UV777GR is worth? The original UV case and case candy is all intact and included. I couldn't pass it up so I put it in lay-away. I know from a little research that this model wasn't produced for that long and is hard to find now. Hopefully one of you Vai/Jem/UV freaks can help me out

Oh yeah... I don't know the ID number right off hand, but I'd be able to find out by going back and getting it off the guitar if that's needed.

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 09:01 PM

Reviews: 12
When I shopped around for a UV around '01, the bay had one that ended at @$1300. Fortunately, I got a player condition GR a few weeks after that auction by trading an overly modified RG470 . This included a very beat up pink lined case that's still functional.
Good score on getting one though. There are around 340 (or something around that number) of these GR's. The serial on mine is 91xxxx meaning it's from 91, the first year these models came out.

Reg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 10:57 PM

$1000 to around $1400 or so is probably a good bet for one of these. They aren't too common and most people that have em don't want to get rid of them, it's sort of a "either you love it, or you hate it" type guitar due to the color. But the maple neck...schaaaweeetnessh.

I think there's some serious mojo with the original UVs. I've current got a UVPWH from 91 and I used to have a 2000 777BK. The 91 has got it all over the newer model, the neck is better and the tone is just phaatt as all get out. Enjoy the GR, I think those guitars are awesome looking...but they look even better with a white pearloid pickguard instead of the black one.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 AM

The Mother Of All Universes!!!

Congratulations!!! I bought my UV777GR (or UV777LNG, whatever you prefer) in 1992 and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I couldn't even tell you what it is worth because I have never had a desire to sell it. I played it for years on stage and it definitely demands attention. The only thing i had to do in 12 years, and it broke my heart, was replace the bridge pickup because it fried out and all I could find was a black Tone Zone 7 It sounds great but now the guitar I love so doesn't look right. The good news I should be getting a new one from DiMarzio in a few weeks in the right colors. She spends a great deal of her time at home or in the studio now for fear of her getting banged up on the road or at shows. In fact, both my UV's stay at home now. I now this is blasphemy, but I bought a couple of Squire Stagemaster-7's and that is what I play out with now(after doing major overhauls on both and getting used to the baseball bats they call necks!) With all the work I did and the purchase price, I've only got $350 in each of them. I can deal with losing or damaging a $350 dollar guitar before I can handle my UV's getting hurt. Don't get me wrong, the UV777GR still sounds ALOT better. That's why she goes to the studio.

P.S.- If you ever want to sell, Email me!!! [email protected]
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 01:57 PM

mmm i have enough money to pickup a used universe..

i simply dont see the need for the 7th string.. I used to have a really cheap 7 string a few years ago and i actually quite enjoyed it.. but im afraid of spending more money on guitars lol... i've spent soooo much

Tags
bridge pickup , maple neck , pearloid pickguard , tone zone , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode