ID this case - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
ID this case

I recieved this case recently when I bought the 777DY, it's not the proper case and I was hoping one of the experts could help me i.d. this. It looks like a TKL case, it's made in Canada. It does not fit a JEM properly, it's too big.

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Vendor

Re: ID this case

RG50 - doesn't fit anything properly.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Reviews: 2

looks like a 550LC to me, my favorite case.... I have two
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Any idea of a used value?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM

they go for a little over $100 new.... looking at that one I'd guess about $60-$70
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 AM

I have one of those cases. Really is terrible. I was hoping that a 540P would fit correctly in it with the super long lower horn. Nope.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I have one of those cases. Really is terrible. I was hoping that a 540P would fit correctly in it with the super long lower horn. Nope.
For my 540PII customs I bought Tantrum cases from Guitar Center. Lots of room for the pesky lower horn.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all, I'll try a few different axes I have and see if any fit, otherwise it will just take up space. Now to buy a proper case for the 777!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Not sure why you guys don't like them.......... fits my "eagle" VERY well. The guitar doesn't move at all when closed.

Let me know if you want to sell it, Pezz
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:17 PM

Apologies for resurrecting an ancient thread. Been a long time since I've posted [the little that I have] and I don't recall the protocols. [Searched the FAQ, welcome new member] Please, delete this if a new thread is preferred.

I.D. help requested for this Ibanez case that is rather slim, faux leather with raised Ibanez logo. Aluminum trim, etc. JS1000 just fits thickness-wise. But, has lots of room for much longer horns. [Bought case empty, and seller didn't what orig. came in it.]

Also: the entire 'cutout' of the guitar in the upper half is separated/cut from the surrounding material. No sign of glue repair being done, that I can see. Just two pushpins on the far left to help hold it in place. Weird.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ibanez embossed pleather case (1) - Copy.JPG (211.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ibanez embossed pleather case (2) - Copy.JPG (163.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Ibanez embossed pleather case (3) - Copy.JPG (210.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ibanez embossed pleather case (4) - Copy.JPG (91.7 KB, 4 views)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Vendor

Homemade, that's not an Ibanez case.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:30 PM

Thanks so much Rich! I knew you'd have the answer. Just wasn't expecting that outta left field [to me] answer!

Thought it was for some ltd. ed. Sabre or something because the large, 1.5mm raised logo in that fake pigskin looks really nicely done. I mean, where would someone get that seemingly perfect, raised logo fabric/pleather.

Pretty much the only things looking cheap on the exterior are the plastic feet, and the extra support strips around the perimeter.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:35 PM
Vendor

The homemade part is the embossed tolex. They probably cut out an Ibanez logo out of something thin and then glues the tolex to it. The inside fits nothing, unless it's a bass case it's generic.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 07:01 PM

Ah, I see. They did a good job maintaining the outlines of the logo with whatever light-medium-firmness stuff they cutout to put under it.

The inside is clearly substandard. Fortunately, the frame doesn't flex, and the panels are as firm as other standard [thin] wood cases. Latches are solid, as well.

39.5" inside length
41" outside length

I'm really diggin' on it's exterior appearance, and the overall size matching about the smallest I've ever seen on any rectangular HSC.

Saw the ouch photo on your main page, hope things are coming along as good as can be expected, with that.

Thanks Rich, for your insight on the embossing method.

Tags
case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode