If anyone is interested, Heres a Jem Project Im working on.... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

If anyone is interested, Heres a Jem Project Im working on....

http://parkerfly.dmusic.com/pictures

On my site there are pictures of My Rg to Jem conversion project... Its a fun little project ive been doin for a week or two now... I just finished scalloping the last 4 frets on the neck, and routing out the monkey grip.. I think it looks pretty good.... Im putting in a jem single coil and evo in the bridge and a fernandes sustainer in the neck.. Painting it black and putting a black/white/black pickguard on it... What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 02:44 PM

Re: If anyone is interested, Heres a Jem Project Im working on....

What color pickups are you throwing in there? all white / white knobs would look sweet, kinda like an old PBK...

With all black, itll end up looking too much like a 550... id go for blue body with w/b/w pickguard... i just love the thought of a maple board VSBL...

anyway, congrats, looks really nice man
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Swirl it You know it makes sense.
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Looks like fun.

I agree with marianozz--I'd go for a flashier finish on a Jem. But it's your guitar, of course. Do whatever you think is cool.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

nah its gonna be a player, i dont wanna make it all nice when its gonna get scratched up! lol i was lookin for the pbk look.. i have black pups and white knobs.. i woulda gotta white pupus but fernandes doesnt sell white sustainer and i wanted everything to match...
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Go for a green meanine colour body? Would look cool as a player i think.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Heres the neck joint and the back of the monkey grip finished:

Last edited by parker_fly; 02-13-2005 at 05:20 PM.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 09:06 AM

Looks great

mmm why not stain it? go for a BSB kinda thing without the burning?

whatever you do, keep posting pics
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Smile Re: If anyone is interested, Heres a Jem Project Im working on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker_fly
http://parkerfly.dmusic.com/pictures

On my site there are pictures of My Rg to Jem conversion project... Its a fun little project ive been doin for a week or two now... I just finished scalloping the last 4 frets on the neck, and routing out the monkey grip.. I think it looks pretty good.... Im putting in a jem single coil and evo in the bridge and a fernandes sustainer in the neck.. Painting it black and putting a black/white/black pickguard on it... What do you think?
Very nice job on the monkey grip. Cant wait to see what its going to look like.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 02:14 PM

Very nice job!
Swirl it
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:37 AM

Looking good!
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:20 AM

Sparkle Orange!!!!!!
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:39 AM

I've always been a sucker for candy apple red.
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 12:14 PM

keep us posted - this is always an exciting topic around here: the evolution of a custom Jem. black and white seems plain but classy. try something different. maybe what YOU would want to see in an '06 "Jem7?". maybe a "tribute" Jem with a little of every Jem model somehow cleverly worked in. whichever way you go, i think you're off to good start.
thanks for showing the monkey grip in stages. i've been wondering lately about how it's done. now i know ; )

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: If anyone is interested, Heres a Jem Project Im working on....

Yeah i wanna keep it simple for this guitar cause i absolutely love the PBK jem, and this thing is gonna be played 6 hours a day 7 days a week so its gonna get beaten up and scrathced and dented so i dont wanna make it look too nice or ill get mad when the inevitable scratches come!! lol

it sucks waiting for parts though.... i cant do anything else until my sustainer kit comes and then i can start routing, then paint.. I'm looking for any jem neck, preferable an ebony with the vine from a 7vwh, and if i find one ill convert the new neck joint to an aanj, so it will be a hybrid of both and i think i will get great fret access.... once again it sucks waiting for parts.. i also got another jem, a bad horsie wah and a legacy head coming in next week, its gonna be like christmas! lol

Last edited by parker_fly; 02-18-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Tags
black pickguard , black pickups , bobbin toppers , candy apple red , custom jem , edge trem , fernandes sustainer , flamed maple , fret access , headstock binding , horsie jem , horsie wah , ibanez guitars , jem bsb , jem conversion , jem neck , jem vwh , led inlays , maple neck , monkey grip , neck joint , neck screws , parker fly , pickup cover , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , rosewood neck , toggle switch , tone zone , tuning pegs , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode