IF YOU'RE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW IBANEZ... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

IF YOU'RE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW IBANEZ...

Call me... you'll be glad you did. We're one of the largest Ibanez dealers in New England and always have a couple dozen Ibanez's in stock at all times. Excellent service, extremely good prices. ask for Matt!

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 07:52 PM

[spam]*ahem* double....... triple......... quadruple........ quintuple post? *ahem*[/spam]

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 08:03 PM

Strange, my works "Websense" filter blocked your site.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 08:09 PM

He is a sponsor, see top ad(Matts Music Center).One of the longer running ads since I've been here.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 08:53 PM

Here is the message that was sent to me Via email. I forwarded it to Rich because I plan on buying a JEM from Rich within the next couple weeks. I think I should report it to Jemsite like it says I can. Even if he could give me a better price, the guitar would not be set up like Rich does.

Hello fasteddie,

The following is an email sent to you by mattsmusic via your account on jemsite.com. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

[email protected]

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of mattsmusic.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi - I saw your posting and figured I'd drop you an email. If and when you decide to purchase your JEM, get in touch with me before you do it. I guarantee I'll beat ANY confirmed Ibanez price in the USA. Anything you buy from us is covered under the Ibanez warranty because we're an authorized dealer. You may want to make sure that anyone else you were considering buying from is also a factory authorized dealer. Otherwise, in the event anything ever happens to the guitar, it won't be covered under the warranty.

You'll find us listed on the Jemsite Vendor Listing page. Let me know if I can be of more help!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 09:14 PM

That's tacky, very tacky.

Sponsor or not, as a sponsor, I still have to abide by forum rules, and I can't spam. Eddie and myself could easily be in direct competition with each other on bodies, I could easily make them, but I would rather work with him than against, he refers people to me, I refer to him, it works out great, and we are great friends.

I have no problem with competition, in fact, it just encourages me to do better work all the time so that I don't have to worry about competition, but trying to steal a sale away, that is typical used car salesman sh*t, I'm sorry if it makes me sound like an *******, but we all have to play by the rules here.

Matts Music, I appreciate you as a business, making an honest living, but trying to steal a sale from Rich or any other sponsor, whether you can deliver a better price or not is sick. Your banner is up there just like Rich's. Rich gets the sale because of his reputation, your first few posts would have been better spent contributing to the site, not spamming with the EXACT same post in 5 forums.

When people see you contributing, as a forum member, answering questions, helping out, that is when you gain customers. I've had great success, because I love the site, and love the people. I try to participate as a member, not a sponsor, I show pics of my work, because I am a sponsor, and I do advertise, but I NEVER say this job was $XXX or "don't call so and so, I'll do it". I respect teh other sponsors here, and I feel that I am respected on this site.
Your name has been on the verified vendors list for as long as I've been here, so, be a member, and contribute, that's what it's all about.

Just my 2 cents

no offense meant to anyone, just calling it as I see it.

Jeremy
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 09:34 PM

Super duper mega bad form.

All these ads did was convince me NOT to buy from Matt's Music, and to tell as many of my buddies to avoid you at all costs. Congrats.

~d~
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
That's tacky, very tacky.

Sponsor or not, as a sponsor, I still have to abide by forum rules, and I can't spam. Eddie and myself could easily be in direct competition with each other on bodies, I could easily make them, but I would rather work with him than against, he refers people to me, I refer to him, it works out great, and we are great friends.

I have no problem with competition, in fact, it just encourages me to do better work all the time so that I don't have to worry about competition, but trying to steal a sale away, that is typical used car salesman sh*t, I'm sorry if it makes me sound like an *******, but we all have to play by the rules here.

Matts Music, I appreciate you as a business, making an honest living, but trying to steal a sale from Rich or any other sponsor, whether you can deliver a better price or not is sick. Your banner is up there just like Rich's. Rich gets the sale because of his reputation, your first few posts would have been better spent contributing to the site, not spamming with the EXACT same post in 5 forums.

When people see you contributing, as a forum member, answering questions, helping out. I've had great success, because I love the site, and love the people. I try to participate as a member, not a sponsor, I show pics of my work, because I am a sponsor, and I do advertise, but I NEVER say this job was $XXX or "don't call so and so, I'll do it". I respect teh other sponsors here, and I feel that I am respected on this site.
Your name has been on the verified vendors list for as long as I've been here, so, be a member, and contribute, that's what it's all about.

Just my 2 cents

no offense meant to anyone, just calling it as I see it.

Jeremy

YOU SAID IT BROTHER !!!!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:03 PM

Well since we are on the topic, I by no means recommend Matt's Music. I had a bad experience and think dealing with him is less than on the up and up. I won't give any details, but I don't give my push towards him. Its all not about the bottom dollar with me.

Rich on the other hand will even say.. 'you can buy this guitar cheaper over at xxxx', but I'd still buy from Rich anyway, why? cause he is the one that answers my stupid questions and helps me as much as he can. So why not pay a little more, and get the Rich setup to boot!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:07 PM

I am a somewhat new member on here...And I have never liked Matts whole thing b/c he never talks and participates on here like Rich or LGM or Eddie, And now that I look in bout ever room I see him advirtising his buisness on there...Im pretty dissapointed, thats pretty low...If I was a mod or webmaster of this site, Id be semi-tempted to kick him off...Thats a very not cool thing to do.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:14 PM

It's often been said that merchants who sell on price alone (WE WILL BEAT ANY PRICE ANYWHERE!) have nothing else to offer to the marketplace.

I think it has just been proven quite clearly here.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:23 PM

I'm with Darren here... if i was buying a new Ibanez (AND if i wasn't trying to rip off a Guitar Center that had screwed up and mislabeled something), Rich would be the first guy i call. Why? He has a stellar reputation, he clearly knows what he's talking about, he's helpful, and his setup work is supposed to be superb. Besides, i've hassled him with enough dumb questions in the past so i figure i owe it to him.

Matt's- there's a place for an advertisement, and you've already got it; ABOVE the forum, not in it.

-Drew
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:28 PM

I hate getting ads forced down my throat. If I'm going to buy something, I will actively pursue it. I don't need someone telling me to by their crap. You know what I want to do when someone tries to lure me to buy something from them? I ignore them completely and move on to someone else.
'nuff said, and shiznot.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Vendor

Please remind me never to do this, the backlash is a killer!

Eh, Matt was probably just having a slow day and decided to do a little advertising. People in biz need to advertise, that's how sales get made. As a sponsor I have no idea if it's "allowed", although after seeing the responces you'll never see me start threads like this!!

I've never been concerned with "price", I don't match, I don't beat, and I don't care what everybody else does. I'm sure I've lost literally 1000's of sales to a "better price", sei la vie. My stength is in other areas, but the prices aren't bad either.

Brian, come on, tell the DNA story!!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich

I've never been concerned with "price", I don't match, I don't beat, and I don't care what everybody else does. I'm sure I've lost literally 1000's of sales to a "better price", sei la vie. My stength is in other areas, but the prices aren't bad either.

Brian, come on, tell the DNA story!!

I have had numerous emails with people saying I've seen inlays done cheaper as well, my comment is, well, this is why I charge what I charge, and that I KNOW my work is good. If it wasn't I wouldn't be doing it. I've lost a couple inlay jobs to another inlay guy, I still respect his work, but don't agree with how he does it. However, I will not lower my standards to get a job, as it sits, on an inlay, despite what some people think, I am NOT getting rich by any stretch, per hour, most auto mechanics get 3x what I can make. For that reason, when your car needs work, you take it to a mechanic, when your guitar needs work, you send it to someone who can do it. I try to live by the rule that, I want to do the best I can do, and make the best product I can make, then I don't have to worry about it.

It takes YEARS to establish a good reputation, and one mistake and seconds, to get a bad one..........

nuff said
Closed Thread

Tags
ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode