I'm perhaps going to give in....... - Something I thought i' - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

I'm perhaps going to give in....... - Something I thought i'

Well I recently borrowed the AIAUW cd off a friend
and I must say besides PAW this is my second and only other favorite Vai cd.
Some of the regular/original forum members might remember that Vai wasn't that *special to me when I was a regular here but in any event, I see some of that importance now from this cd.

To make a long story short, I'm thinking of buying an old Jem or getting a custom Jem like Ibanez made

This is a big step for me, enhance or sway my feelings if you will, help me make sure this is not superficial.

Chris S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 01:58 PM

I'm perhaps going to give in.......

get a jem or uv for sure the custom possibilities are endless, if a jem try and get a 777pbk, or the one that looks like the new uv, or any damn jem get em all!, once you play one you'll realize it wasnt a superficial choice, but to make sure just try one out first.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

I guess I should have said I own 2 Uv's already
a 7PWH and a 777BK

I really had no problem buying my UV's since my Idol *Trey Azagthoth* of Morbid Angel plays UV's and RG7's, that was the principal motivation behind those purchases

But since the Jem is something so Obviously Vai, I've had a problem getting in touch with the Jem on a personal level

anyhow, thanks for the opinion its well needed

Chris S
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 02:42 PM

Asking whether you should by a JEM at Jemsite is a little like going to the Mercedez dealer and ask what kind of car you should buy.

I think you should buy the guitar for what it is and not because of who is behind it. Any JEM is a bit of Vai, but it is what you can do with it that is important.

Apart from that it is an excellent guitar that will suit you well if you are playing hard rock or shred.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Well I realise you don't buy a guitar because your hero plays it, I guess I was a little unclear about that. And I also know that you have to want the guitar based on what I/it can do

And I know where I'm asking the question...I've been around here for a good 4 or 5 years but in lurk mode for the last year or 2

I guess all I wanted was alot of
Yeah...Buy one..Come and Join the DARK side

Anywho, I think I'll just start a UVGR project with AANJ and all black hardware

GoodDay

Chris

(Edited by MorbidAngel at 5:07 pm on July 29, 2001)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 04:14 AM

you could always join the jem club via a secondhand 7D ($700 ish) without having second thoughts about spending all that money like on a new 7v (well for us poor folk anyway)

but I like the sound of the custom UVGR project.

Steve
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 05:42 AM

I know what you mean, I always shied away from Jem's because of the "it's a steve vai guitar" that everyone has untill I played one for fun in a shop, and realised I couldn't put it down because it was too sweet!

I'd get one, they are nice guitars, and yeah, trey azagtoth is the main reason why I got a UV (the man is amazing, you go to watch him live and walk out vowing never to play guitar again...).

Custom Jem sounds like a way to go too, at least you get to do something that personalises it...

Hope that helps...

Tags
custom jem , morbid angel , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode