I'm Searching For...... The Impossible - Need Aid and Help o - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 14
I'm Searching For...... The Impossible - Need Aid and Help o

Can anybody please help me!

I need to find out where I can find the Yellow Volume/Tone Knobs and the Pink Pickup Selector Switch Knob for my UV777GR that i just recently purchased!

If anybody has spares (yeah right)
If anybody knows someone who sells them (ha ha ha)
If anybody has any ideas on how I can dye my white knobs yellow (hmmm?)

Please reply!

THanks so much....

I won't dare post piccies until it's a bit more correct!

Robbie J.

Have a Blast at JemFest 2001!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 06:39 PM

I'm Searching For...... The Impossible

I noticed that a local site (www.gmf.se) has coloured Fender Strat knobs. I don't know whether these will fit, but fender-knobs look pretty much similar, don't they? There's no pics on their webpages though.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 06:51 PM

Reviews: 12

Hey rJ
I'm happy ya finally got the UV777GR
I *might* sell my yellow knobs and pink switch but I'm still debating whether if i should even bother keeping it or not as I have plans to replace 'em anyhow
Otherwise, I think allparts make yellow knobs. Not too sure if it's the same yellow shade found in the UV777GR knobs but it's yellow! :P They also have "pink" tip switches as well.

Reg

(Edited by judasbane at 6:58 pm on May 10, 2001)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 06:54 PM

I just found that gmf.se is a distributor for allparts so they have the same stuff.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Judas:

Yep I got that one we were discussing.... Still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm looking already to replace those white knobs... ewwwww

Hmmm.... so you *might* sell them to me aye?
Do you know how stoked I would be if ya did? (pretty damn stoked)

If you'd like just e-mail a possible price to me... and we can make a deal.... if you want to!

SalemB: I checked out that site, but it was in a language I could not understand..... I will check out allparts and see what they have...

Thanks guys!

Robbie J.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 07:45 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I have ONE set of authentic yellow knobs left. These have the larger lettering and are the proper color. I have some "allparts" knobs too but the shade is wrong and more orangy.

If you want them they're $10 each + S/H... glen
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Glen:

Is that ten bucks for each knob? or ten bucks for the set?

Either way consider them sold..... (so why ask my question? :-) *)

How bout I email you after Jemfest... on Monday or Tuesday and we'll discuss where to send the cash/ where to send the knobs.....

Well that leaves the pink pickup switch...

Saw one at Allparts.... perhaps there, ayy?

Thanks guys so much....

Jemsite friggin rules!!

RJ
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 10:03 PM
site founder 0% owner

Robbie - sorry, those are $10 per knob. I grabbed a few of those and pinks from Ibz before they halted them and they were pricey. Drop me an email when you get a chance. I was unable to take the trip down to sunny FL so I'll be aroudn :cheesy: ...glen
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 12:50 AM

$10 per knob?
i could have sworn i typed jemsiteforum.com - but somehow i ended up on edromanguitars.com.

gotta get this damn computer fixed.
~Kenny
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

I had the priviledge of talking to Ed just the other day.... My goodness what a funny fellow.... He wanted $3700 for a mint UV777GR and something like $7800 for a DNA... what a putz. In Nebraska we call a fellow like him an *******. I'd be surprised if somebody hasn't taken a shot at him to knock his jaw loose..... it already is pretty loose there... Friggin guy wouldn't get off the phone.. He said he could make me a Universe! I'll make HIM see the stars alright.... lots of pretty ones too... woe just went off there!! tai chi......

Glen... I'll take those Knobs, bro! Just email me your address and I'll send you $25 (money order ok?) and my return address.. that should cover shipping? and buy yourself a sweet with the rest! *

rJ
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 10:11 AM
site founder 0% owner

OK, check your email RJ.

PS - Ibanez must be a romanoff too!!! That is what they charge per knob if you order direct! LOL.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 07:41 PM

HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF PLASTIC ITEMS IN A PROFESSIONAL LOOKING WAY:

I hope this helps people with their projects.

Car appolester's (sorry, don't know how to spell that name) use a liquid spray to change the color of plastic portions of the interior of cars at times. If you call a car restoration/hot rod type of shop they should know the name of the liquid.

HOW IT WORKS:
The liquid is sprayed on the plastic item. The item is then laid in the sun for several hours. The liquid softens the plastic in a way that it will become impregnated with paint when sprayed. This works much better than just painting over something, due to the item having the color deeply in it. It won't go all the way through, just a few layers of plastic. Think of it like a tatoo for plastic.

Hope it helps
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

My local Ibanez dealer is a joke!!

Dig this!

I called them about a week ago to see if they could order those yellow knobs for UVGR (which by the way came to me today.... my god Samuel, why did you sell me this guitar? This is a seriously badazz mofo Universe).
Anyway they said they wouldn't order them for me. I asked them if they were an Ibanez dealer, they said yes. I told them i have an Ibanez guitar that needs new knobs and would they please order them. They asked me where I got the guitar. I told them 'not at their store'. They said "Nope, we won't order anything for a guitar that wasn't bought in our store... and that's all there is to it!!!"

Anyway, I tried to explain to this baby Romanoff that they were pretty much obligated to help me out. He said sorry NOPE I'll sell who i choose to sell to.... and I said goodbye.....

should I tell you what store it was?

Why not, like you guys would come to Nebraska to buy grossly overpriced dusty 98' model year Ibanez guitars from:

HARBOUR MUSIC.... Scottsbluff, Nebraska

so that kinda shoots the local dealer idea out of the water.

I've sent 'Jemsite' the dough for the knobs a few days ago, so I'll rely on the only alternative I've got... You Guys and Girls!! I'd rather deal with you all. You are biased and you provide more info than alot of dealers out there.

Thank you

Robbie
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Sorry...

I meant non biased!

:silly:

Robbie
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 12:11 PM

Robbie,

*I hope it is not the only music store in your town, cuz they suck....

*If it were me, I would never ever buy anything else from them after a story like that...

*Hugues

Tags
fender strat , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , music store , pickup selector switch , pickup switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what kind of pedal satriani searching

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode