Im so lucky! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Im so lucky!

To have these two KILLER guitars! They're so awesome to play. Just thought i'd share this pic I took last night.

I also have two JEMs (7V & 77FP2) but these JS guitars are just so cool in their own way.

Last edited by mrchims; 03-27-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 03:14 PM

Re: Im so lucky!

very nice, do you prefer one or the other?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 04:50 PM

When did you give birth to the twins?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Irishibanez - If I HAD to pick a fav I would say the 2410. Only because of the cool bubinga strip down the entire back of the neck. I just think it looks so cool! lol. But they both feel great and sound amazing. They share the same bridge pickup I think but the neck pickups are different. I haven't been able to tell that much difference tonally though.

Sebastian - I got the 2400 first, about a month ago and I got it HALF PRICE! Guitar Center had an incredible one day only price of $1200 w/case! (almost half price anyways) so I jumped on it! Its a long story and I'm sure it wasnt a "one day only" thing but the manager said that. I had purchased a used JS1000 from a different GC two days prior and then walked into this other GC, saw the 2400 brand spanking new and when the manager said "$1200 w/case today only" I said "Here ya go!" I then took the JS1000 back for a refund (wish I hadn't though. Would of been cool to have it as well but...)

I asked why it was so cheap and she said because they had it too long (like 6 months) and needed to move it. She said it was the craziest deal she'd ever seen while being there and I would believe her. It is perfect. Not a blemish or anything. Perfect case, all the accessories, manual, etc. Even came with the 3 tremolo arms! two "normal" ones and the new ultra light one as well. What a deal huh?!

Then, I just HAD to get the 'top dog" and got the 2410 a couple of weeks ago.

The muscle car orange is actually growing on me. At first I HATED it but...thats the only choice we have so...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 AM

Reviews: 15

Sweet deal! I'd swap the pickups between the two just to break up the color a little.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchims View Post
Irishibanez - If I HAD to pick a fav I would say the 2410. Only because of the cool bubinga strip down the entire back of the neck. I just think it looks so cool! lol. But they both feel great and sound amazing. They share the same bridge pickup I think but the neck pickups are different. I haven't been able to tell that much difference tonally though.

Sebastian - I got the 2400 first, about a month ago and I got it HALF PRICE! Guitar Center had an incredible one day only price of $1200 w/case! (almost half price anyways) so I jumped on it! Its a long story and I'm sure it wasnt a "one day only" thing but the manager said that. I had purchased a used JS1000 from a different GC two days prior and then walked into this other GC, saw the 2400 brand spanking new and when the manager said "$1200 w/case today only" I said "Here ya go!" I then took the JS1000 back for a refund (wish I hadn't though. Would of been cool to have it as well but...)

I asked why it was so cheap and she said because they had it too long (like 6 months) and needed to move it. She said it was the craziest deal she'd ever seen while being there and I would believe her. It is perfect. Not a blemish or anything. Perfect case, all the accessories, manual, etc. Even came with the 3 tremolo arms! two "normal" ones and the new ultra light one as well. What a deal huh?!

Then, I just HAD to get the 'top dog" and got the 2410 a couple of weeks ago.

The muscle car orange is actually growing on me. At first I HATED it but...thats the only choice we have so...
I scored my jem BSB like that. 750 bucks out the door with case. brand new untouched.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
Sweet deal! I'd swap the pickups between the two just to break up the color a little.
Wow! I never thought of that...hmmm... now that would be pretty wild huh?!

Definitely give them both some much needed contrast!'

Cool idea Silverctr!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS RG View Post
I scored my jem BSB like that. 750 bucks out the door with case. brand new untouched.
Awesome feeling she you get a great deal like that isn't it?! Makes you feel on top of the world!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Great pair of axes! I have a 2410 as well and love it!

Well done!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
Great pair of axes! I have a 2410 as well and love it!

Well done!
Thanks man! I appreciate it!

Im now thinking about getting the JS1200 : )

its an addiction! haha!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Contributor

The JS1200 is the best. Go for it.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:09 PM

of all JS guitars, those are my fave.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 AM

Do they have the same father? :P J/K
Nice guitars braddah!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchims View Post
I got the 2400 first, about a month ago and I got it HALF PRICE! Guitar Center had an incredible one day only price of $1200 w/case! (almost half price anyways) so I jumped on it!...

And if anybody wonders why GC is on the edge of bankruptcy, there's your answer
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 11:10 PM

Guitars that hang around longer than 3 months get discounted. It's all about moving the inventory. I picked up a perfect RGT320ZRS for $900.

What's the death watch for guitar center? I give them 2 years max.

Tags
js guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode