The Immaculate Arrival - My 7 now has a sister :-) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

The Immaculate Arrival - My 7 now has a sister :-)

My day began like most days this month, arriving at work to a bushel load of emergency tasks, impossible to perform and due yesterday. The office staff is cranky, I havenít slept for days and my knee hurts. After I cleared my plate of the most looming fires, I went to UPS.com to check on the status of my much-anticipated package from Rich. Finally, tracking showed it in Houston. I grasped the console to steady myself and then made my way to the docking door.

Outside, I lit a smoke and stared at the streetÖ I had another smoke and just before it was gone that ugly brown truck appeared in the distance. When it got closer, it looked as though it might pass by. I mentally prepared myself to chase it, but it turned in. I snuffed the butt and ran to greet it. The driver looked worried. He stopped, cautiously opened the door and I spied it right there on the floor by his seat. As he picked it up, I bounded through the door and tore it from his hands. He looked even more worried and spoke with a tone that suggested he might call the cops if I didnít explain myself. I did. He congratulated me on the acquisition, made me sign the release and drove off.

Back in the studio I tore at the packaging like a mad man, sending bits of packaging tape and Styrofoam peanuts into orbit around the room, to reveal an Ibanez caseÖ I hope the combination wheels didnít turn and lock, I thought to myself. It opened and what I saw made my knees weak. My beautiful, shiny, predominantly black UV77MC, looking ten times better than it did in the photos.

I was shaking too much to even make a proper chord, but I picked it up and immediately noticed the legendary Harris set-up and other evidence of Richís attention to detail.

For me this is a real Red Letter Day! Thanks to Rich and to my wife for allowing me to spend remodeling money on the guitar. Now if I could only plug it in. But alas, the video editors will lynch me if I donít complete all these TV orders in record time.

I will post a photo when I get my hands on a digital camera. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 05:48 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

May I be the first one to congratulate you. *When I got my first Jem I experienced the same feeling. *I can't wait to check out how Rich set up your guitar. *I have heard nothing but incredible things about the way he sets up a guitar. *It must be pure H*** to have the UVMC on one side of the room and your Legacy on the other and not be able to play.
Out,
Gregory * *
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 06:12 PM
rgr

The Immaculate Arrival

Congrats Bob! *I'd love to see ***
after your description.

Roger
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 06:25 PM
Vendor

The Immaculate Arrival

I do love the way you paint a picture, but I'm wondering how the staff reacted to the huge cloud as your years of GAS were suddenly released on the unsuspecting!!! :biggrin: Plug it in, you'll find the p/u's quiet as a church mouse, till you start playing anyway
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 07:00 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

Bob,
Congrats! I know you have wanted one for some time. I look forward to the pics...
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 07:28 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

Congrats Bob, I can't wait to see it!! *
I guess I'm going to have to buy a guitar from Rich one of these days just to see if the legend is true :biggrin:
And, I guess I will actually have to buy it since he is to strong of mind for the Jedi mind trick to work on him *hehe, remember Rich.
Anyway, enjoy the MC, wish it was me!
Jeremy
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 07:30 PM
Vendor

The Immaculate Arrival

I'm only a legend in my own mind
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 07:42 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

Bobby O,

Congrats!! *I was priviliged enough to get a first hand look at her sitting in the case. *Definately blows the pics away in person. *Can't wait to see and hear it.

JC
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

The Immaculate Arrival

Thanks everyone.

The GAS relief was legendary too. I think I will remain satisfied for a while now.

I did let one go when one of our account reps was in the room. She is young and new at the business, so was afraid to say anything. I just sat and grinned at her while she tried to speak without breathing. Iím such a pig.

I hope the clear coat survived the incident. :biggrin:
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 10:18 AM

The Immaculate Arrival

Congrats Bob !! Lately I've been dreaming about a UVMC too...but these days I only can dream, maybe in a few months, when me and the lady finish up buying all the furnitures & all other stuff for the new home, we'll be able to buy a new toy :biggrin:

enjoy the ax as much as your UV777pbk, and don't forget about the pics...did I mention that we love pics ?

c-ya
gilberto
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:32 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

I can't wait to get a look at that guitar! *I know Bob's been waiting anxiously for quite some time now. *If I came face to face with the UPS driver that FINALLY delivered my 2027, he'd really be calling the police on me! *

I can't imagine what was going through the UPS drivers mind when he sees 6'5" Bob running at the truck - long hair trailing behind him. *He must of thought he'd was a gonner!

Gabe
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 05:13 PM

The Immaculate Arrival

All I can say is thank God! *If I had to read another post about how Bob wants a UVMC, I probably would have sent him mine just to shut him up. *

Seriously, congrats Bob! *I bought my UVMC from Rich over a year ago and have not regretted it for one second. *Can't wait to see the pics.

J
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 08:13 PM
Vendor

The Immaculate Arrival

I've regretted it! I want that one back!!
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 08:50 AM

The Immaculate Arrival

Rich: *From my cold, dead hands!! *:biggrin:

I'll leave it to you in my will, how's that?

J
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 10:29 AM

The Immaculate Arrival

Wow!! I went to Bob's studio on Friday and saw the MC. *It plays as good as it looks. *I have always heard that the way Rich sets up a guitar is incredible. *I absolutely agree. *I took measurements of his set up and went home and adjusted my UV7PBK and it came out great. *The only mod I had to do was take the shim out from under the nut. *
Out,
Gregory

Tags
bob oakman , clear coat , heavy metal , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode