Impossible choice? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Impossible choice?

Hi guys,

I'm about to purchase my first JEM. I have few good alternatives to choose from. As you guys may have first hand experience from these models I would like to have your opinion on few things.
Background: I currently have 570 ex from '01 with AANJ and it has the Lo-pro and I like the trem.

My alternatives and their attributes from my perspective:
  • JEM7 BSB '96
    • Pros: Slightly cheaper than others, has lo-pro
    • Cons: The coating wears off very easily and there is some wear already in the body this particular specimen (might decrease its re-sell value if I someday want to part myself from it?)
  • JEM777VBK '89
    • Pros: Beautiful to look at, I may be left with some money for christmas presents also
    • Cons: no lo pro, no AANJ
    • Question: is the fretboard maple or rosewood? There conflicting information on the net.
  • JEM77BRMR '06
    • Pros: Stunning,
    • Cons: Much more expensive
So they all have different pick ups sets. I do not know which set would suit me best (I play opeth, satriani etc.)? Maybe you guys could set me on the right path on this one.
I think that there are some differences in the necks also.
Also the Bridges are different and here on JEM site the new edge pro has taken some bashing in other posts.
What about AANJ? Better with or without?

I have read in other posts that the quality of production has decreased from the early JEMs is this really so?

I appreciate any "educated opinion".

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Hi everybody controlled by the sun

nice web site, just thought to let you know that the site looks broken on S60 Mobile Brow ser
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Re: Impossible choice?

i say bsb or vbk.the heal dont matter and edge or lo pro are great.
you cant go wrong.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Re: Impossible choice?

Id say VBK. Beautiful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode