The infamous signed "Loch Ness" guitars a new surf - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

The infamous signed "Loch Ness" guitars a new surf

Greets,
Ok so for years I have went to my pals house that owns this old yellow ibanez with pink pickups and pyramids for inlays.He had won this guitar in some kind of contest I remember distinctly it was back in the METAL GLORY days for me I was in and out of bands etc. I think it was somewhere in 1987?I recall the Steve Vai signed guitar well, it had this little weird symbol Steve drew on it and I thought it was the weirdest thing and wanted to ask Steve what it meant.Well here I am years later and now after coming to jemsite I have learned about just how famous these guitars are but here is the thing .. they were not all green ones perhaps you guys know this perhaps not?His(Tim is his name btw) is a DY "desert yellow" so for the record I posted here so you know where they are.This "Yellow Loch Ness" is located near Cincinnati, Ohio in a town called Hamilton once called "little chicago" you sorta have to live here to understand that one i guess .Sorry for my awful punctuation being almost 36 years old and not to mention an 80's musician puts me slightly over into the nearly burnt at times catagory ok maybe not.But I am unclear wether you guys had this information on the yellow guitars as well or were you just calling them green knowing good and well there was a few yellow ones in the bunch?

p.s I'm going over there tonight hopefully equiped with a digital camera standby for pics!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Vendor

There are no "limited edition" DY's, but there are plenty of signed ones. Steve has signed litterally thousands and thousands of guitars Just because he drew a couple hyroglyphs on it doesn't make it any more special. BTW, Lock Ness is the color green
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
There are no "limited edition" DY's, but there are plenty of signed ones. Steve has signed litterally thousands and thousands of guitars Just because he drew a couple hyroglyphs on it doesn't make it any more special. BTW, Lock Ness is the color green
Oh man I feel silly
Ok clear me up on this my friend used that same term you just used "limited Edition" why?What is that?And for the record there is no markings on this guitar or serials or anything no 777 stamped on neck or anything?Time said he won it in a contest so I thought it may have been just one in the bunch cuz they ran outta green ones ehhe I will say this it's real old and real cool regardless Hey shouldn't you be off to the post office or something?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Vendor

LNG's were the limited edition, signed and numbered, 1 - 777. The DY has a neck plate and the serial # is on the plate
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
LNG's were the limited edition, signed and numbered, 1 - 777. The DY has a neck plate and the serial # is on the plate
Your rock solid man thanks for bearing with my ignorance.I'm on my way to his house with a battery drill...and good floggin'!Just for him getting me all pumped up for nothing!And making me look sillier than a goose .I'll take my camera anyway just in case a little green man jumps out when I invistigate for a ser # eheh. :P
Thanks again Rich
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinQBowlingII
Quote:
Your rock solid man thanks for bearing with my ignorance.I'm on my way to his house with a battery drill...and good floggin'!Just for him getting me all pumped up for nothing!And making me look sillier than a goose .I'll take my camera anyway just in case a little green man jumps out when I invistigate for a ser # eheh. :P
Thanks again Rich
Well, you're lucky to just 'look silly'. You did the right thing by asking. I can't imagine how many people believe that crap and actually pay high prices!

Tags
neck plate , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode