instead of a jem... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

instead of a jem...

ok, i wanted a jem pretty bad. i wanted it so bad. just like everybody else. but when i got to the states it turns out money and all that stuff didnt work out. AND the only JEM7VWH they had had a dent. it was a small but a dent on a JEM7VWH is enormous no matter how small it is.
so instead i got an RG350DXWH which looks a lot like the jem except without the gold hardware, vine, monkey grip...u get the idea.
but, i just didnt think that was enough. so i got myself a Stratocaster Highway 1(vintage white) the new model...trying to fill the void of the absent JEM.
so....do u think two guitars fill the void, or rather, what do u think of my choice? if not, what guitar, or guitars would u chose instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 12:34 AM

heya,

The Jem 7vwh should have played and sounded very different to the RG350DXWH. Different woods, different pickups, different neck.

The 7VWH is a strange alluring animal. I have 4 guitars, 2 are RG's and 1 is a Jem2kDNA, but I still crave a 7VWH. When I have some spare money I will definently purchase one just to have one (and to the play the hell out of ofcourse). I would've bought one already if I didn't need an acoustic.

It's weird. I really, really crave a VWH. I'm sure there are others that are in the same boat. ie, already have a Jem (or several) but not a VWH, but still want a VWH. (and there are others that have been there and done that, but lets not talk about them ).

Anyway, all that matters is that *you* are happy with your purchase.

Hell, I have a DNA and still want a VWH. For me nothing can really fill the void.

wil..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 12:55 AM

Aaaaaaaah yes, I saw your DNA when I was googling a few months ago. Didn't realise it was you until last week when I clicked on your site to find pics of your new hardtail RG.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 01:02 AM

hehe, yeah, scarey that. I got a big shock when I googled my full name. Came right up on several sites eeek! ahh well, all is good.

New site is up too. Heaps of pics of the DNA on there now. Even photos of the cardboard box the guitar and case came in!!

wil..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 04:57 AM

Re: instead of a jem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vai
so i got myself a Stratocaster Highway 1(vintage white) the new model...trying to fill the void of the absent JEM.
Dont worry about that one.. no way you can go wrong with an american strat. believe me i've played and still playing a strat ever since i got my first "pro" guitar when i was 13-14.
u can play satriani, vai and whatever with it.

when u get some money you can buy a jem as an addition to the strat.
by the way, you didnt check out the dbk jem? its a cool jem and it costs less. the7vwh costs more not because its a "better guitar", its just that there's more work on details (vine , gold etc..) and ofcourse not everyone likes the vine and gold h.w

i persoanlly think u can get exact same sound if you put a couple of EVO's on a dbk.

so when u have money to get a jem to go with the strat and u'r missing some cash for the VWH, take a look on the dbk again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 07:41 AM

To address the issue of a "dented" JEM. While in the process of purchasing my VWH I tried every one in stock in 5 local stores, over about a month, before determining which one was right for me. Once I decided which one I would buy (I knew it was the one shortly after plugging it in) I brought it home to find a dent on the corner near where the body is contoured for the picking arm. I initially was madder than hell. My first impulse was to call the store and return the guitar. I was pissed off at myself as well for not noticing such an obvious scratch on the face of an otherwise mint JEM. Then I thought it out for a minute. I picked this guitar out from the 12 VWHs that I tried. This guitar was the one that really spoke out to me - it was supposed to be mine. A dent can lower the resale value - but I'll never sell it....

By the way, Steve's VWH has more than a dent or two.........
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanWyck
By the way, Steve's VWH has more than a dent or two.........
Ye but he get those jems for free

Tags
dbk jem , monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode