interesting UV story - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
interesting UV story

ok....I have a 10 month old female cat named Aurora. This cat is definately my #1 (and only) fan. Every and I mean EVERY time i practice, this cat curls up in a chair in my music room/office, watches me for a little bit and goes to sleep. The cat(s) dont bother and have never bothered my guitars unless I forget to trim new strings at the tuners (they love that). Well, my new UV arrives this week. I sit it in its stand and within 30 seconds, Aurora is all over it like flies on sh$t. Shes sniffing it, nudging it, and seems very interested in the eye right below the trem. I thought nothing of it and threw her out of the room. I let her back in a short time later and she goes right for the UV again and just wont leave that eye alone. She even started licking it. I left for a minute to grab a beer. When I returned she had the bottom of the guitar stand clenched in her teeth. She was backing up and DRAGGING the stand with UV still in it across my hardwood floor! This little 5 lb midget moved it about a good 3 feet. I nearly fainted at the thought of my brand new UV taking a face first plunge to the floor. The cat got grabbed immediately and her access privlidges to my music room have been revoked for the time being. I'm now going to put up wall mounted guitar holders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2003, 05:53 PM

just one more reason why I prefer dogs to cats LOL
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 12:33 AM

actually, as i see it she's just trying to figure out the new arrival .. let her back in while you're playing your UV .. it's the only way she'll get comfortable with and get to know it better .. and then all will be good again .. :-)

~A
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 02:44 AM

I would reduce that catnip allowance, pronto.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 03:47 AM

cats are a lot of fun, aren't they?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 06:51 AM

Has Aurora visited the vet recently?

Maybe (almost) deaf? Sees a new guitar and says "purr oh my god, another one!"

What paintjob do UV's have?

Pictures would add entertainment..

Good luck!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 05:45 PM

Here's what happened the last time one of my dogs bothered my UV:

-Lance
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2003, 06:00 PM

Hot dog!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:30 AM

man that story made me laugh, your cat reminds me of this girl in my college, whos also called Aurora.
To put it politely, shes skanky.
And rubs up to anything she hasnt rubbed up against before, if you catch my drift...

ahh the hilarity.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist
man that story made me laugh, your cat reminds me of this girl in my college, whos also called Aurora.
To put it politely, shes skanky.
And rubs up to anything she hasnt rubbed up against before, if you catch my drift...

ahh the hilarity.
hahah
i know some species like that here! aah, thirsty people!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

where to buy mark tremonti the sound and the story

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode