It's coming! - UV777BK & JEM7DBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

It's coming! - UV777BK & JEM7DBK

Just a pre-reception message for everyone, so they won't be surprised when I get these....I am soon to be the proud owner of not only a 1999 UV777BK in near mint condition, but also will soon have in my posession a 1999 JEM7DBK in near mint as well! *I have never felt so damn giddy before in my life! *YEAH!

Abe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 11:34 PM

It's coming!

cool!

I know you are psyched

just as soon as I sell my Tele I'm getting a 7DBK, and I really am practically jumping out of my skin to get my hands on one....I've had a few people interested in the Tele now too, so hopefully it'll be soon
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

It's coming!

That's awesome....I will never get rid of my Tele....aka "The Twangmaster 2000"....LOL...as it's known in my band....I love that damn guitar, despite myself....I just sold a Les Paul Studio to get this UV777BK, and I am getting the JEM for a great price too....plus MORE GOOD NEWS....the guitar and amp I had stolen 3 months ago got found, so now I have ANOTHER Les Paul and a Marshall amp to sell....I have Line 6 now, so no need for the Marshall...I might keep the other Les, but I am severely considering selling it to get either a 77FP or a 777DY....and drop tune that sucker to C....so that it looks really "feminine", and then I come out and play our hardest tunes on something with either bright yellow finish, or with flowers all over it....totally head and ear turning....what do you guys think? *Sell the Paul or keep it? *It WAS my first guitar ever, so it has sentimental value, even though I have grown out of them as far as playing goes....your opinions are definitely appreciated!

Thanks
Abe
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:15 AM

It's coming!

I believe in holding onto guitars that have an attachment MUSICALLY (i.e--you just have to keep it because you NEED it for your music) and not holding onto a guitar for sentimental attachment

but thats just me and reflects (in part) my financial situation...I cannot afford to keep a guitar that I have an attchment to if I'm not gonna play it (which is why my Tele is getting sold so I can buy a 7DBK)

but only YOU can know whats right for you
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

It's coming!

Yeah, I feel you on that one...I don't NEED the Les Paul....and I am not a collector of vintage instruments....plus, it was my baby once, but I know it won't get played once I get the UV777BK and the JEM7DBK....they are going to become Number Two and Number One, respectively....then the next one I get, either the FP or the DY will become the "hardcore" guitar that I will use when my band plays lower-tuned "nu metal" stuff....I really dig that sound, but I want a locking trem for that, because in C tuning, it is hard to keep stuff in tune for more than half a song...LOL...

Thanks
Abe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 01:58 PM

It's coming!

Wow, you've been busy...great line up with the DBK and UV. *You're pretty fortunate, and spoiled, to have had a Les Paul as your first guitar. *If it were my decision, I'd sell both the Paul and Marshall and buy another UV since your into detuned guitars, make it GR with the maple board. *With the left over funds you could get some more gear for you line 6 rig...awesome sounding stuff.

Congrats on your new axes!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

It's coming!

Wow, after a month with my UV777BK and without Internet access, I HAVE RETURNED! *LOL....didn't end up getting the 7DBK as moving costs, etc, piled up fast....but I love the UV777BK....I still want a 7DBK to complete the collection I want, though....if anyone has a used one they want to get rid of, let me know! *I really want to get one!

Thanks
Abe

And yeah, the Les was great as a first guitar.....I saved up for it and bought it all myself....the Marshall will be sold, and the Line 6 is pretty much tricked out....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 11:30 PM

It's coming!

Too bad the DBK has a frickin wizard neck. The Breeds are a nice change from EVO's although EVO's rock! ...but I can't stand thin necks like the wizard.
I like the paint job. I miss the vines.

UV777BK ... what else is there?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2001, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

It's coming!

Yeah, I have huge hands, so after a while, the UV neck got to be pretty comfortable, and it is just ever so slightly starting to take on a little bit of wear from my hands, so it is getting even more comfortable....I dunno about the 7DBK neck, I haven't played one, to tell the truth, but I do like a more "balanced" sound from my pups, so I think I will like the Breeds a little better than the Evos....I would feel like I was trying to imitate Steve JUST a little too much....not that that is necessarily a bad thing, though...;-)....I am not too hot for the pups in the UV, since people who have listened to our band say they don't cut quite as well, but I dunno...but I guess time will tell....if I don't like the 7DBK I plan on buying soon, I'll just sell it and get a 77FP, 777DY, or another UV....I don't plan on buying anything other than Ibanez for quite a while....

Tags
les paul , les paul studio , marshall amp , near mint condition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode