Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Its fake js 1000;

4K views 25 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Ibanez js 1000 black pearl without serial number back of the headstock,or in the plate,and without the brown line back of the neck,and in 21 fret the fret is write "js custom"....is genuine or the body is from js 1000 and the neck from js 100;;;

#10 ·
I hate having to answer the same question twice.

They dropped the J around that time, but dating is tough as it's just a guess. And you're not showing any numbers.

The first serial numbered guitar I have with a plate number is - 004270 JS1000BTB F9713823

I don't remember when the skunk stripe came back, I thought 96 and the non skunk was 2 years only.

#14 ·
thanks for the answers.
so where '' js custom '' is definitely 1000 model.
the serial number from the moment it is absent can be found in the neck pocket ??
Some people said it was a js 1000 body and a js 100 neck, and I had the impression that it was a fake guitar, so I asked the question.

#17 ·
It is a JS1000 body and a JS1000 neck.

JS1000 necks have abalone dots, the logo is gold, and they use those tuners with the 2 pegs in them, not gotohs.

The serial number is gone, theres only going to be a model stamp on the neck. That said, this isnt a prized collectors instrument with limited figures, so its really not a big deal. The reason why you're being told its "fake" is because whomever youre speaking to frankly doesnt understand the differences between a JS100 and a JS1000.

And good for you for asking, honestly. Its a fair question, and something that should be done more often.

Here's how Im determining

#24 ·
H&S was setup as a semi "custom" shop but basically because they would only have to pay tariffs on parts instead of completed guitars. Was a win win, but the guitars were for the US. The serial number was on the back of the headstock, Fujigen. The rest of the world got the same plate but with Japan on it, and no plate number.

#26 ·
And the years before H&S I believe there were the same cast Japan plates that were serial numbered, and after it was dissolved the few models left that hadn't switched to AANJ would have gotten a blank Japan plate. I never handled this stuff so I'm definitely not the expert, but I have a few memory cells still working. I'm just not sure which ones are right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.