Its impossible to find the 30th Jem for $3500? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 11:39 AM

Re: Its impossible to find the 30th Jem for $3500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemboyee View Post
I brought the cheese.
Honest to God. Is this guy only here to whine?

This search took me less than a minute. Here's one in the exact price range he's talking about from last month.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-JEM7...p2047675.l2557
aesthyrian likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 07:06 PM

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 07:07 PM

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 07:07 PM

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-16-2020, 06:31 PM

I would be prone to saying he's venting his frustration. I can't stomach paying for a prestige in most cases. I just build parts ibanez's lol. But any instrument worth having nowadays is gonna be at least $2k new. Pretty much all signature guitars are gonna have that extra charge for the association with the artist too.

I mean suhr guitars are extremely pricey, charvels with the bells and whistles are pricey... PRS... So on and so on. Quality luthiers (craftsman in general) are a commodity. It's gotta cost some cash to build something that takes that level of talent to produce. Especially when it's hard to find the people to build the things. They have to pay them reasonable wages to keep them interested in doing the work. Otherwise whats the incentive to do the hard work when you're not fairly compensated for your talent! Unless you want to buy the indo guitars... It is what it is. That's why I say... Buy an RG and put the pickups ya want in it!
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-17-2020, 03:34 AM

Which is a good fretless model? Would buy one, which model does Tom Geldschläger play?
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-18-2020, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

All those links posted are old and rare. I know because I follow these searches on ebay and reverb for months now. Ive yet to see a 30th anniversary for $3500 or even 4k

At this point is not gonna happen. They will continue to increase in price as we go into 2021 2022 and so on

This is why Ibanez is not a brand to be loyal to especially if we think how they started? By ripping off other brands. They never do things to make the fans happy only what is financially beneficial to them.

They could’ve made this guitar a jem among the others for a few more years rather than making it a limited edition

But thats their goal just like rolex they want to make their guitars overpriced and sought out to increase their value

Ibanez and Steve killed the MIJ jem because they don’t care about his fans. Only profits.

The premiums and especially the jem jr which is a crappy guitar for the price, is where their piggy bank is.

The pia is just another one of Vais absurd creations to satisfy his ego. They don’t care if it doesn’t sell much as is the GTR of Nissan.

Their so called longest running model is now carries on by the premium and jem jr
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-18-2020, 04:53 PM
Vendor

>This is why Ibanez is not a brand to be loyal to especially if we think how they started? By ripping off other brands. They never do things to make the fans happy only what is financially beneficial to them.

Ripping off who? And I'm sure the buyers hate the fact their guitars actually might increase in value and not plummet in half.

>They could’ve made this guitar a jem among the others for a few more years rather than making it a limited edition

Well it's wouldn't be an Anniversary model would it? You understand the concept? And considering it was $600 more than the standard JEM, of yea, they ripped everybody off......

What happened to the Rant section of the forum?
lordhar likes this.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-18-2020, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
>This is why Ibanez is not a brand to be loyal to especially if we think how they started? By ripping off other brands. They never do things to make the fans happy only what is financially beneficial to them.

Ripping off who? And I'm sure the buyers hate the fact their guitars actually might increase in value and not plummet in half.

>They could’ve made this guitar a jem among the others for a few more years rather than making it a limited edition

Well it's wouldn't be an Anniversary model would it? You understand the concept? And considering it was $600 more than the standard JEM, of yea, they ripped everybody off......

What happened to the Rant section of the forum?
Ibanez started by copying models of famous brands such as strats, les paul, etc. They would make very similar shape models and rename them until they got sued by Gibson.

If it wasn't for the partnership with Steve Vai, they wouldn't be the brand they are today.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-18-2020, 07:25 PM
Vendor

Ibanez started by making garage sale junk before they started copying saleable guitars, which is how alot of companies that are household names today started. And Ibanez was never sued. Gibson went into the Ibanez booth at NAMM to serve them and they had already changed everything. There never was a lawsuit, it's folklore.

Steve's help designing the JEM, which became the RG, and then Japan actually letting the Americans contribute our designs, the S, the R, which became the JS, yes, they owe alot to Steve, but no company lives on one artist, except maybe Gibson.....
lordhar and jono like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode