It's official!!! - ... I'm one of you now - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

It's official!!! - ... I'm one of you now

I'm just so excited to announce that I am finally a Jem owner. Now I feel like I belong on this forum.

My Jem 7VWH just arrived...
Setup is great... I never imagined that bar flutter could be so sweet!!! Thanks Rich... you da man!!!

Is it me, or is the Jem neck one of the most beautifully crafted necks...?? It plays like a dream. *pinch* .. no it's no a dream.. YAY!!!

Sorry for the nonsensical post.. but I'm just way too excited.

~Donovan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 05:10 PM
Vendor

It's official!!!

Oh, that's you, Dacmo!! LOL Sometimes the only way I put a name to a Forum ID is when I sell ya something :biggrin: No dream, that's one of the most beautiful necks made by any company at any time of guitar history Enjoy!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 05:10 PM

It's official!!!

Welcome...

You're bringing back memories. *The 7v's are sweet. *Enjoy

jc
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 09:59 PM

It's official!!!

congrats man, the VWH is one of my favorite axes out there. *Enjoy it man!!!
Jeremy
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:31 PM

Reviews: 2
It's official!!!

Congradulations...welcome to the family! I am sure your experience will be most enjoyable. VWH...very nice choice.

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 11:09 PM

It's official!!!

Congrats....I'll send you my address so you can send your monthly membership dues....hehehe

Just kidding:biggrin:

J>
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

It's official!!!

Ouch.. ouch... I think that the skin on my fingers are ripped from so much playing. Even then, I can't stop playing this beautiful guitar.

I love it.. I just love it.. I still can't believe I own it.

Thanks for all the welcome messages, guys
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 01:43 AM

It's official!!!

Welcome to the "Club" man! And what a nice ride to start with! Sweet guitar...congrats!

Chris.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:52 AM

It's official!!!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy it! I see, you're already enjoying it. That's great. Have fun, fun, fun ...
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

It's official!!!

You betcha that I'm enjoying it... before I got this (i was using an RG350DX), I told myself that I would get myself a "real" guitar when I improved as a guitarist. Well, that didn't happen... I bought the guitar before I improved... :biggrin:

So, now I have no choice but practice super-hard in hopes that I will improve.. wish me luck.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 06:34 AM

It's official!!!

Welcome dacmo! You will notice that the JEMSITE community is the best.

Take care of that guitar!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 09:48 AM

It's official!!!

Dacmo,,,,congrats on the new guitar! *You know,,,the inspiration that a nice guitar that plays like a dream will move you years into learning! *Playing an old shot out guitar for beginners is rough. *I found that in giving lessons that most who really want to learn should have a higher quality guitar,,,,not big bucks but upper middle price range. *Playing guitar shouldn't be a chore, my advice to anyone who wants to learn for real, is to buy a good quality guitar that makes learning a pleasure. *Sure you can get a sweet hot rod from "on cue" or even "Spencers gifts",,,heck maybe even Sears,,,but come on,,,,those are sort guitars to shut the kids up and get out of it for next to nothing. *LOL
I'm sure your not an absolute beginner,,,but having a guitar that plays like it's suppose too and sounds good will just keep the fire in you to learn more. *Just play around and have fun for a little while then sit down and drill. *Make sure you make recordings of your playing now and date it,,,,then in 3 months pull the tape out and here the difference. *Inspiration in 9/10ths of the learning process. *Add a sweet Jem into the picture and you will feel like you owe it to the guitar to the best you can.

Good luck, we'll be watching for you on the cover of "guitar player"

~A2K
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

It's official!!!

Cover of Guitar Player? LOL!! Yeah, I wish!! :biggrin:

But anyway.. no I'm not a total beginner.. been playing for over 10 years but this is the first "real" guitar that I've owned. I've always thought that they were all the same... used a number of Mexican Fender Strats (these are pretty good BTW).

I never knew what difference a real quality guitar could make. You are right... the inspiration factor is critical. I've not been playing seriously for quite a while but the Jem really changed. I really can't put it down.

However, I don't know if I agree that a real beginner would want to start with such an expensive piece of equipment. I think that person should get one when he/she decides that they want to get to really know how to play the instrument.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 04:48 PM

It's official!!!

I cant say enough what a superior instrument does to you. I used to play on an acoustic but that didn't really help...it just got me started. But when i got my new rg520..woah..every week i was better!!!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

It's official!!!

Keith.. I think that it's just that a well made instrument just keeps you coming back for more. So, you just keep playing and playing.

Now I'm hooked on Jems... I've also got a DBK on the way.

Tags
beautiful guitar , fender strat , fender strats , jem neck , local music store , music store , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez official spare parts

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode