Jag-stangs-jems - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Jag-stangs-jems

I have two Jag-stangs, but I am sort of growing out of them, I really like the look of the jem and the sound, but I haven't played one yet. Jems are expensive, and I have heard alot of people say the 555 doesn't come close to the 7v. I was wondering in terms of quality etc, how does the 555 compare in quality to mid range Japanese Fender such as my jag-stangs? I know I should really go out and play one, and find what suits me, but guitar prices and quality always baffles me, is A jem so much better than my jag-stangs? I have seen 555 for around £945, so any information would help a great Deal.
Thanks very much
Gareth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

oops I think this might be the wrong forum, should it be in other guitars or is it ok here?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 09:23 PM

to be honest, you'd be best off going for a second hand guitar on here or ebay. I just recently picked up a 7DBK for around £550. I know for a fact that the DBk is gonna be better than the 555 and i got it for almost half the price. I've seen it said countless times on my short time on this forum,

'buy a second hand JEM7VWH or DBK rather than the 555.'

Chances are in a few months you'll want the higher model and will be forking out yet more money.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 11:20 PM

The real JEMs have better resale potential, plus, much better build quality. If you look around, there are some good deals out there. It seems like people have a tough time selling 555's....and for good reason...just play them back to back and decide for yourself. good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks For the Advice,
I saw a Floral Jem today, and played it, it really is quite and instrument, there are one or two dings and such, but for £1000, it doesn't seem that bad. I have heard of wizard necks and the other one, what's the difference? is the floral just a different finnish? the necks and tremelos are the same on the white one am I right?
I am really liking this guitar, I think it will be worth selling a couple of average ones and getting one really good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode