JS-1 good news and bad news - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

JS-1 good news and bad news

Good news is that I found an Inferno Red JS-1 on the Guitar Center website. GC, yeah, I know but I had them describe it to me and it would seem that it might actually be in pretty good shape with just very light use. We'll see. Presumably a '90 or '91 because the neck plate begins with 00 and there is no JS Series logo on the headstock. It is however signed on the back of the headstock by Joe.

Bad news, California law requires that they hold newly purchased used merchandise for 30 days before they can release it. That won't happen until October 18th.

In the meantime I've put money down and just have to wait. I always thought I like the white or black ones the best but it doesn't seem that Inferno Red shows up too often so I figured what the heck. Talked them down a little bit in price and if there are any problems I don't have to ship it back, I can just return it to a local GC within 30 days for a full refund.

Will keep you posted, here's a picture from their website:

Last edited by Tonelover; 09-25-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM

Re: JS-1 good news and bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
Bad news, California law requires that they hold newly purchased used merchandise for 30 days before they can release it. That won't happen until October 18th.
Huh??? You might want to call a different GC in California just to confirm that. That sounds very odd. I bought a used guitar from the GC in Fresno a couple of months ago and there was no mention of it. My impression was that the guitar had only been there a few days when I bought it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check it out. They said they have the hold time in case it comes up as being stolen in the near future. I didn't doubt them, my business has faced changes in terms of reporting requirements when buying from the public as well, although we don't have a holding period here.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonelover View Post
Thanks, I'll check it out. They said they have the hold time in case it comes up as being stolen in the near future. I didn't doubt them, my business has faced changes in terms of reporting requirements when buying from the public as well, although we don't have a holding period here.
It would make sense if there was some law like that that applied to licensed pawn shops in California (there probably is), but it seems odd to me that it would apply to all businesses that offfer used items for sale. Then again, California has its fair share of odd laws, so who knows.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Guitar arrived today. I'm at work and was just able to open it up to make sure it is in one piece and give a super quick cursory inspection. First glance impression is that it is beautiful. Full rich red, not faded like the picture makes it look and the condition seems to be surprisingly good. Pictures at eleven.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

Awesome man! Congrats! Can't wait for the pics. If you don't mind my asking, what did you get it for?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Here she is, I'm really happy with the deal. Price was $1,100 shipped and I feel that I got my money's worth. I'd rate it a solid 8.5/10, it is in better shape than I expected. Very light wear and tear but far from abused. No big ouchies at all. I always thought I liked the black and white ones better but the red grew on me quickly.

After a quick string change, a cleaning and application of bore oil to the fretboard, minor adjustment to the trem angle it would seem that everything is in perfect order. Intonation is right on, plays and sounds great.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM

Reviews: 18

Very nice! I wish I could find one of those IR's somewhere.

Enjoy it!

Jimmy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Wow! I am contemplating buying a JS1000 but that is very nice.

How is it different from a 'Joe'?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Aaron View Post
Wow! I am contemplating buying a JS1000 but that is very nice. How is it different from a 'Joe'?
Thanks. I'm not sure becaue I haven't played a "Joe". According to the Jemsite specs only the 1200 has the Joe in the neck, otherwise the JS1's have the same pickups as the JS-1000's. They all play really well though.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 PM

Reviews: 18

The same combo is also found on the JS90th, Chromeboys and The Crystal Planet.

Jimmy

Tags
crystal planet , neck plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode