JS #1 Protytpe ? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

JS #1 Protytpe ?

Interesting find on polish auction site (or "buy now" rather), claiming to have #1 prototype for JS model. No idea if legit, this store has all kind of "rare / prototype / LACS" stuff to sell. Not even interested to buy, but I thought you may find it interesting.

Ibanez JS Satriani LACS Proto 1 Gitara Elektryczna (725197210 - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

Lots of photos at the bottom of the auction.

Other Ibanez guitars they have: https://allegro.pl/uzytkownik/guitar...122686?order=m
Attached Images
File Type: jpg js1.jpg (125.5 KB, 106 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Contributor

Re: JS #1 Protytpe ?

Interesting find.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:43 PM
Vendor

What does that translate to? Never see a price that was 49 000,00, I'm sure I could figure out what zr is.

But that's a joke at nearly 4 times the JPM90, I'd take the 90th instead.

That's out of the same batch of JS6 prototypes as mine. Since it has no real serial number, I would assume it is the first JS LACS built, but they built LOTS of JS's in Bensalem for several years before that guitar was made, so it is in no way #1 JS Proto, which would be Blackdog anyway. Blackdog was the first JS and it was a reworked Radius body.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Contributor

It's a cool looking JS, but not even knowing what that price means I'm assuming it's way too high.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 PM
Vendor

It's almost 4 times a JP90 so yea, either the 90 is a steal or it's way too high.

And I assumed Lipe was screwing around with serial numbers, these were test guitars never meant to go any further than a sound test with Joe, they may have never had a setial number until Joe returned them, and then Lipe stamped them before [what I believe] he sold them off privately.

Mine

OCDemon likes this.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 07:57 PM
Contributor

[QUOTE=Rich;1511817]It's almost 4 times a JP90 so yea, either the 90 is a steal or it's way too high.

And I assumed Lipe was screwing around with serial numbers, these were test guitars never meant to go any further than a sound test with Joe, they may have never had a setial number until Joe returned them, and then Lipe stamped them before [what I believe] he sold them off privately.

Mine

Is yours a hardtail or also with a tremolo?
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Vendor

Oddly enough this batch of JS6 proto's were all Lo Pro. The only differences were the body wood to test wood tone, of which mahogany won.
OCDemon likes this.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

It's around 14k USD. All the stuff they have is generally overpriced.

The text part of the listings, apart from specs, roughly says:
Quote:
"Built for one of the best guitar players in the world - Joe Satriani, by legendary luthier of Ibanez LACS - Mike Lipe (who built other guitars for Satriani and other famous players). This guitar belonged to famous on the West Coast musician Craig Tarwater, who was Mike Lipe's friend. Tarwater gave this guitar to the father of the person we bought it from.

It's very rare, one of a kind, amazing guitar. Considering the price of JS3 and JS5 prototypes (also build in LACS, neck built by Mike Lipe), who were sold for 10-12.5k USD - this is a great investment and would be a perfect addition to a collection, especially for LACS fans."
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Vendor

Yea, I'd say.

Ok so just trying to spin a tale because everybody [should] knows that JS3 proto was Bensalem and before the LACS even opened, although, I'm betting he's talking about the proto bodied JS3 I sold out of the Koch collection for 10 and the JS5 proto at 12.5. 14 for a guitar that has nothing more going for it than it was a [very bland] proto is coo coo for coco puffs.

Last edited by Rich; 03-28-2018 at 08:18 PM.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:33 PM

WTF?

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlusiak View Post
It's around 14k USD.
to help with the other prices...

Google says...

1 Polish Zloty equals
0.21 British Pound

1 Polish Zloty equals
0.29 US Dollar
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 AM

That guitar looks awesome. I wish Ibanez released a version like this one with the trem...
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 10:25 AM

Comparing Rich's headstock logo and engraved lettering to the one for sale doesn't add up.

You guys are the super experts here but to my uneducated eye, it looks like a fake.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Vendor

I see nothing that would suggest that. Looks right to me.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Very cool guitar, but the price is past the point where even adjectives like "eye-watering" make sense.

Chrome's translate feature says that has a "lime" body wood, which clearly ins't the case. Rich, is my memory correct, that yours is alder? This one sort of looks like it. An alder JS with jumbo frets would be right up my ally, but more at the $2k range than at, ahem, seven times that.

Tags
joe satriani , prototype

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode