JS 100 trem stability - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

JS 100 trem stability

Hi

I hope I'm not repeating a question here..

I'm looking to buy a new guitar, mid range.

What I want is a sweet neck, which the JS definetly has, a guitar without jumbo frets (just can't seem to get away from em) and a v stable, long lasting durable trem.

I love the feel of the JS100 and as the higher models are really out of my price range it's got me v interested.. but I'm worried about the trem.

It seems the new ones in the UK have the edge pro II
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/guitar...s/js100bk.html

and this bridge seems pretty sweet, but the older ones I've seen have the Lo TRS II bridge.

I've heard lots of mixed things about this bridge and it's tuning stability... is it any good?

I'm stuck with getting a 2nd hand JS, a new one, or as I love the new zr trem, a s470dx ...

Any views, experiences or insights would be fantastic.

Cheers

Uglifruit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 08:43 PM

If I were you, I would either go for the 2nd js (if its a 1000/2000/other edge equiped model) or the s470.
I'm still not convinced by the edge-pro II.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 06:32 AM

as a 17 year old student i was thinking about buying a js100, too... but i was told to rather wait some more time and save some more money in order to buy a js1000 or 2000...

i followed the advice and 4 months later i got my JS90th which i am DEAD happy about

do so, too... save some more money, don't waste it on a cheap js100 and get a nice js1000 one day and be happy for the rest of your life

think of it... if you buy a js100 now, you will dream about a 1000 for the time you have the 100 and won't be tooooo happy with it
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 06:33 AM

IMHO I'd never go for the JS100. I've tried it once and I didn't find the neck as sweet as you do (it's not the same of the higher-end Satriani models) and the pickups sounded quite dull to me. As if that wasn't enough, it was an old TRS equipped model. Therefore, I don't have any comments on the Edge Pro II. Yeah they say it's better than the Trs but that doesn't mean much, does it?

Buying a JS100 seems to me as paying for the Js signature on the headstock of a guitar which would cost a lot less just for it's features. Just like the Jem555. If you want a Js go for the real thing. Otherwise I think you are way better off with any other non-signature model of the same price-range.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

cheers for the advice, I think ur right. The more I look at the JS100, the more problems I see... and I can't get the great feel of the zr bridge out of my head.. I really am a convert to it. Shame u can't get it on an RG :-/

Tags
jumbo frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode