JS- 10's and coil tap. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
JS- 10's and coil tap.

Hey guys,

The other day I put 10's on my BTB and took down the 13th frett a little *needs a little more*, hoping to improve my setup and tone. Well the 10's sound GREAT and I cant feel any difference while playing. I am going to switch my WH to 10's as soon as I replace the pickups in it. Also, I have found some awesome tones with the coil tap on, I use the bridge taped and the center possition taped. HOOOLY cow, My Legacy responds SO much better and the tone is SO much fatter and clearer this way. Im just very excited and wanted to share!

JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 12:46 PM

Yeah, on my JS guitars I like running center toggle coil tap for doing two
handed tapping on a clean tone. It's very bell like and still fat toned
without being muddy like a humbucker can get.

Part of the reason I fell in love with the JS guitars honestly.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 02:58 PM

cool! i recently started using the coil tap more on my JS1000. I run it through the DS1 with full gain but i use the high pass filter and lower the volume to clean up the sound and engage the coil tap on the neck P/up. I get a really cool Hendrix type of sound.....

Tags
clean tone , coil tap , fat tone , high pass filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode