Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  vaijem777 
#1 ·
Hello, to all of you who have played one, does it play like a JS1000? Those are the only ones I've played, but I"m about done with locking tremolo. How's the price? The feel? Does it have the coil tap? Thanks for any info!
~Adam

#3 ·
I'm currently on my third JS6, and wouldn't give it up for the world! :)

I've basically been lucky enough to find 3 that were in progressively better condition, my current one being dead mint. It doesn't really play exactly like a JS1000, because the JS6's were manufactured prior to the introduction of the multi-radiused JS neck profile. The neck also has a lacquer finish (which could be easily removed), whereas the JS1000 has the Prestige satin finish. Other than that, the body style & electronics layout is identical: FRED in the bridge, PAF PRO in the neck, high-pass filter on the volume control, coil-tap on the tone. They have the standard JS neck-joint and the JEM-style angled input jack. All 3 JS6's that I've had have been VERY light guitars. Very comfortable to play, and very toneful as well. The Gotoh fixed bridge is very stable, as are most fixed-bridges.

Currently, I've outfitted mine with all gold hardware, including some gold Gotoh Magnum-locking tuners. Coupled with the GraphTech StringSaver saddles, it's a killer axe! They've been popping up on EBay lately, but they seem to be bringing top dollar. I got my current one just a couple of months ago, so...they are out there. If you're looking for a non-trem JS though, you might give the JS2000CG a shot. They're great guitars, and are a lot easier to come by :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.