JS 9000? - Does this exist? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

JS 9000? - Does this exist?

I was at my local guitar shop and I came across an used JS guitar. They labled it as a JS 9000. Now I'm thinking they messed up and called it 9000 instead of 900 but I am not sure. The guitar was natural wood, hardtail bridge, Dimarzio humbuckers (Fred and Paf Pro I assume), one volume and one tone I think. Very simple guitar. It has no coating, just natural wood. It has many scratches and where the player would pick, it is all scuffed up and looks like it was played quite a bit. The asking price is $395 and I am wondering if that is worth it. I love the way it plays and I am looking for a hard-tail bridge guitar that I could probably trade my RG 570 for. Or at least a part trade. Is this a reasonable price? Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 06:40 PM
Vendor

JS 9000?

If it doesn't have the 21st fret inlay plaque it's a 6, if it does it's a 6000. Decent price.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:53 PM

JS 9000?

Exactly what I was about to say.
$375 for some scratches???

BUY IT!. Mohog with P-90s!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:37 PM

JS 9000?

If you don't buy it, could you e-mail me the number to the store?

I just might pick it up!

Paul
[email protected]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

JS 9000?

Ok well I don't think it has an inlay at the 21st fret so it is not a 6000. And it does not have P-90's, the are full size Dimarzio normal humbuckers. Another thig is that I should have been more extreme in the description of the scratches. It looks like it has been dropped plenty of times and has been played for a number of years.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:02 PM

JS 9000?

Ok so they're just scratches.
P-90s don't look like single coils though. They almost look like buckers with a cover on them. They're single coils though.
If it says JS series and looks like mohog, has an Edge/LPE, has the exact same shape of a JS, says Japan on the back of the headstock and the serial # starts with a 'F' then it's a JS6.

The pickups might have been replaced if it definately says Dimarzio on them.

(Edited by YngVaiTriani at 7:03 pm on Oct. 23, 2001)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:07 PM
Vendor

JS 9000?

Dude, I spend more time *correcting* your posts....

Early JS do NOT have serial numbers beginning with F, all they have are plate #'s. They also do not say Japan. Js6's are *hardtails* and come STOCK with the PAF and Fred.

Tags
dimarzio humbuckers , fret inlay , guitar shop , hardtail bridge , local guitar shop , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode