JS CGI Images - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

JS CGI Images

If anyone followed my Jem images, here's the JS ones. I posted on the Images and sounds forum, but I thought it would be no harm to post here aswel. If it's wrong in anyway, mods, feel free to close it So here it is. I ended up using The Loop's bridge model cause I couldn't find good references for one, and with that in mind, it would take an awful lot of time to make something, and I wanted to show this here. Anyway, this image is an idea of my own. I'm calling it the JS1700BBS (Black Blue Sunburst):

The color is something I found on the internet, from an 91 Radius model that had that same finish. I tried my best to simulate it. In the pics I found, the guitar would be black when the surface was perpendicular to the eye and blue on the rest. A really cool finish if you ask me Now, anyone has any ideas for a 12th fret inlay?? Been all dey thinking of something and couldn't find a nice idea So if anyone has an idea, let me know and I'll try to make

I'll post pics of the famous production models later aswell, the JS1000WH, JS1000BP, JS1200CA and maybe the JS2000CG with a Lo-pro? Too lazy to make that bridge right now. I'll try to make the JS90th and the JS10th too. Not too sure about the JS2kCP though....I'd have to make wiring and stuff...irc...maybe just a simple pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 04:22 PM

Re: JS CGI Images

Nice!

I'd love to see one in Jewel Blue, and some in various exotic woods.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Ok, here's the BP, WH and the CA ones. I know I don't have JS written on the headstock, but I can't find some good pics of the logo to trace it over. Anyway, pics:

More later
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:59 PM

Holy crap!! Those are awesome. You and Darren could start a new company doing guitar renderings, and sell calendars, mousepads, posters, etc. Call it "The Drool Factory"
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man, but actually i'd like to have money to make some of my ideas come to life. Like this JS1700 guitar I'm doing, or the Jems I showed in the temp forum. Btw, here's a new pic of the JS1700BBS:

I couldn't find a cool inlay so i went for the dot ones for now. I'm working on a prestige JS neck though, that should look cool
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

New 12th fret inlay:

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:22 PM

Sweetttt :-)

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
RCB

Very, very good renders!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Awesome man!!!!! You should try and make some cool SZ series renderings. Maybe even add a floating trem to one. (Crosses fingers and hopes it will be a ZR) That would look sweet!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 02:51 AM

Thumbs up Re: JS CGI Images

Great effort on the model.

The body and neck look really squashed though, are you using a simulated photographic lens for the render ? or perhaps the model needs more added to it to thicken it up ?

Tony
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 05:52 AM

That inlay is sweet! Nice work!
Joe
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. The body is correct, probably a lens problem here
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:52 PM

Viper......could you do the JS-1200 Candy Apple red with a chrome Ibanez logo on the headstock???? Cause that's what I'm planning to use on the JS-7 I'm building.

Oh, and to make me a really happy camper.....can you also put some off-set smaller dots on the neck......Something like 4mm, like they are planning on the new RG1527, but then off-set.......(running on top of fretboard?!)

Please.......please.....

And yes, you could do this work as a company effort....I know a guy in Holland doing custom bikes this way....

http://www.markvanderkwaak.com/
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

That's a nice idea....designing guitars for people, so they can see the end result before buiding it, etc....I'll make up a few ideas on that....

I'll do that guitar you asked...
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 07:31 PM

Very cool. Minor niggle: if you're trying to do that blueburst right, it isn't one of those "holo" paints that change color as the light hits it differently. It really IS black in the center, then blue, then black again. Here's mine:
http://www.playhousemm.com/images/radius.jpg

Tags
candy apple red , custom guitar , floyd rose , fret inlay , neck position , paf pro , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode