JS Crystal Planet Prices - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

JS Crystal Planet Prices

I would like to know if someone can tell how much is JS Y2K in american market ? One famous guy here in Brazil buy one new for about U$ 5100
The import tax here is 60%

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 12:20 AM
Vendor

JS Crystal Planet Prices

Prices are all over right now. You've got the 'boutique' dealers who know they can get the $$$'s, and you have the ones that really didn't have a market for them trying to move them off (not many, they're still a pretty rare beast). Anywhere between $3k and $5k. If he's famous, he could afford it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 12:28 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

cool !! *another brazilian here on the forum, now it makes us 3 !! Me, Carlos and you

Here in sao paulo we have one for US$ 5000 ... :loco:

who is the famous guy who bought one ?

c-ya
gilberto
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 01:21 PM
Bew

JS Crystal Planet Prices

An average good price is $3500 US.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 05:45 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

Does anyone know if Joe is actually using one of these in his shows? Just curious.....
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 06:44 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

I'd love to see Joe play a CP live...although he's not a very big guy, and I would think that having a CP hanging from your neck would get pretty tiresome after a few tunes. *
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 09:22 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

When I saw Joe play Music Midtown in Atlanta last May, he had a whole rack of Chromeboys, but not a single CP.
I've got to say, the CP is a pretty lame looking guitar, IMHO, *unless you've got some neon or black light behind it. *I saw a promo ad for the CP last year in front of some cool pink & blue neon tubes, and it was awesome. *In the case or on a wall it's just kinda "there". I'd much rather have my JS-1000WH

Speaking of heavy Ibanez'....does anyone here recall the all-brass Ibanez Artist that weighed 67 lbs?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

JS Crystal Planet Prices

Dear ibzbr, the "famous", but to me not too good is named W. Sideral (pop-mediocre, i live in BH, Sepultura's city, and i don't like too much this guy - i mean the music), you know him ("Facil" do J Quest, is Rogerio Flausino brother). He buy the guitar at Serenata and, you know man, taxes are high if you're buying an musical instrument or another import thing that is more than U$50. But used and specially Ibanez are not too expensive, is half the price f brasilian market or if do you prefer, the sale price in USA. I saw one Universe UV7BK at ibazar for sale at about R$ 1.800 (U$ 820) and the seller is from you city. This week dollar blow up in the market this explain the difference between the money !
Congrats ......

LGMT

(Edited by LGMT at 12:33 am on April 17, 2001)

(Edited by LGMT at 12:38 am on April 17, 2001)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 10:46 AM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

hi LGMT !!!

hehe, I know Wilson "cabelo duro" Sideral (from the media)....
Seems very strange to me, maybe he got a very good deal, but from what I read his tastes for guitars always lean on the vintage ones...he loves old stuph...

but anyways, it's very cool that he's using it

Back to the price topic, it's not easy to find a bargain. in our brazilian reality we cannot compare a UV for US$ 800 *here in brazil for a UV in US, simply because the economies are very different, basically a VERY GOOD average salary here is about US$ 2000. So paying US$ 800 for one is somehow outrageous.

But, there's nothing that we can do, except saving our economies and waiting a few months to buy a decent, but always overpriced, guitar

c-ya
gilberto
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 04:09 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

Hmm...our minimum salary over here is $5000 per year. Did you mean $2000 per year or per month?

(Edited by keith at 10:12 pm on April 19, 2001)
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 5
JS Crystal Planet Prices

I have no CP info to add, I'd just like to say that I'm very impressed by how well you guys speak English, considering it is likely your second language. *This goes for everybody. *There are some folks here who are french and who speak wonderfully also. *I tried my hand at French and failed horribly. *I just thought it was great to see people from a country thousands of miles away converse in another language so fluently.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 06:03 PM
Vendor

JS Crystal Planet Prices

I took French in High School. My teach was a real cute vixon that used to sit on her desk with her legs spread, in a dress!! (my desk was front row in front of her desk) I think I got a D in class, who could concentrate!! *:biggrin:
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:15 PM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

This probably should be in the "auction/reseller" forum, but it seems appropriate for here:

Removed eBay Link to auction

Serial #29. Buy-it-now for $3500.00

(Edited by jemsite at 11:33 pm on April 19, 2001)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:25 PM
Vendor

JS Crystal Planet Prices

I traded that one off 3 weeks ago. What he doesn't state, and knows perfectly well, is that it has a small internal crack!! The Jem10 I took in trade, while the guitar is dead mint, the case has a large tolex tear on one corner and a large scuff on another. He tried very convincingly to blame this on UPS, saying the case was perfect when he shipped it. I gave him just enough rope, before asking, "if UPS did this, how did the silver tolex in the tear get a black marker touch up on it to hide it?!?!" One deal is usually enough to find out a sellers *character*.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 11:35 AM

JS Crystal Planet Prices

Keith, about the salary:

US$ 2000 per month. But as I said, it's a very good average. Just to let you know, ou minimum salary is quoted at US$ 90 - ninety frigging bucks !!! And roughly about 10% of our popullation lives with that salary. I can estimate that at least 40% of our population lives with salaries under US$ 500. As I said a very good managment/office/computer job goes for US$ 2000.

a brand new, basic, 1.0 cc Car costs US$ 6000.

c-ya
gilberto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode