JS future options (2004 ibanez ad blurb) - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 06:01 AM

Don't know if the JS are more approachable. Jems enjoy a veryextensive range of models compared to the JS so that in term of total selling, Jems sales certainly are over JS.

Besides, don't know why technically Ibanez guys do not make JS models using the same process than for those 77FP and BFP models for instance. Technically, I don't see what the problem would be for JS. Maybe, Ibanez just refrain from doing it because 1/ Jems are earlier than JS 2/ they do not want to merge commercialy the two models in terms of possible finish technic 3/ they want to use this technic only for futur JS anniversary models
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Oooh, yeah... a deep metallic orange JS with a fine gold flake in it would be gorgeous.
That would be really nasty... but a plain vibrant orange might be nice, bit gimmicky though
post #18 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:28 AM

ooh yeah, orange guitars, i love them, but they are too rare!
the lava pearl finish that ernie ball does is awesome! now a metallic orange JS slightly stained like the btb
with something like a dna-like (glows in the dark) flame inlays like joe's flamed axe, matching headstock, and maybe also a piezo in there, insanely figured birdseye maple neck, aah, i'm dying!
post #19 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:37 AM

Orange JS ? What are you thinking about guys ? Is that somekind of Goldboy finish or rather Orange Burnt Orange ?
post #20 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:32 PM

Gold in the same style as the chromeboy would be good ..... but thats probably gonna be a limited edition....
But I think (You're probably gonna disagree) the best thing for the JS line would be to mass produce some custom graphics.... maybe only 2 or 3 and that will kick up some interest surounding the JS....

edit: and so would a 7-string!!!
post #21 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Vendor

Personally I'd much rather see something normal, no limiteds, something like a sweet sliver metalic [fine metalic!] or pearl! Something that the majority would accept as nice, not just the diehards
post #22 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:39 PM

nooo..... not a silver metallic.. that would be nasty...
and i think a silver pearl would just get all the people who bought a chromeboy's backs up. And im sure the majority would like a custom or 2, in addition to a few new colours
post #23 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
EKG

This is a good example as to why a limited run can't happen. No 2 people can agree on the same features.

I think this is also why they only offer "dull" colors....just as you said....to appeal to the masses.
post #24 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:50 PM

well they can still have the dull blacks and whites to satisfty all the dull people out their. But im sure a few new colours and maybe something custom that it would encourage a large majority of people to venture into something a bit more interesting, and it would make all the diehards snap up as many as they could... I think that would be the best thing to happen to the JS line
post #25 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite
But im sure a few new colours and maybe something custom that it would encourage a large majority of people to venture into something a bit more interesting, and it would make all the diehards snap up as many as they could... I think that would be the best thing to happen to the JS line
Dude, they just went from having *2* colors in the US to having *1*, if you think there will be a *few* new colors you're dreaming, but, it's nice to dream, as long as you don't get it confused with reality
post #26 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite
wrote:
But im sure a few new colours and maybe something custom that it would encourage a large majority of people to venture into something a bit more interesting, and it would make all the diehards snap up as many as they could... I think that would be the best thing to happen to the JS line

Dude, they just went from having *2* colors in the US to having *1*, if you think there will be a *few* new colors you're dreaming, but, it's nice to dream, as long as you don't get it confused with reality
True... but i dont understand why Ibanez cant do anything about it.
post #27 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:05 PM
EKG

I don't think the die hards could agree on a new color or graphic. Even if some did, probably not enough to warrant a production run

That's why there are custom shops
post #28 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Vendor

Wether we agree or not won't make a hill of beans, if somebody presents something to Joe he likes it will be built, the rest of us are just mere pawns
post #29 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:12 PM
EKG

In the words of Budweiser:

true.
post #30 of 289 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Wether we agree or not won't make a hill of beans, if somebody presents something to Joe he likes it will be built, the rest of us are just mere pawns
Does that mean that joe liked the bp, white, btb and the JS2000?
because if he did, I cant not see him liking a red js1000 - and its up to ibanez to present them to him.

Tags
abalone dot inlays , alder body , andy timmons , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black pickguard , body shape , candy apple red , chrome hardware , cosmo black hardware , crystal planet , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio bridge , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebmm jpm , edge pro trem , edge pro trems , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , ernie ball , fixed bridge , fret inlay , fret neck , guitar playing , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jackson guitars , joe satriani , lava pearl , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pup , paf joe , paf pro , paul gilbert , pro edge , production model , quilted maple , reverse headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , steve vai , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode