JS future options (2004 ibanez ad blurb) - Page 7 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:55 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the Jemcoustic? I'd like to see one of these things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbantz41
Does anyone have pictures of the Jemcoustic? I'd like to see one of these things.
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtop...t=jem+acoustic

You can probably continue discussion of it there.
post #93 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:03 PM

Thanks!
post #94 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 02:01 PM

I noticed on one of the earlier pages for this post someone mentioned the "lava pearl" finish that Ernie Ball has would make a great color for a JS1000. I have an EBMM JPM in the lava pearl color and I second that notion completely. That would be a great color for the JS model. A special quilt finish of some sort (not like the BTB model) would be cool as well.
post #95 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 06:05 PM

[quote="Polaris20
PGM: I have no frikkin' idea what he's next will be.
[/quote]

Isn't this it then http://www.paulgilbert.com/Ibanez_PGM301.html
post #96 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 08:00 AM

Not a real revolution ... maybe this will not be the sole PGM new Ibanez stuff
post #97 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 06:49 AM

I spoke to some Ibanez bloke at a music exibition I've just been to, he said that the new Paul gilbert model is going to have a fixed bridge and will be more expensive than the PGM30, I don't understand why because surely a FR system is more expensive to buy than a fixed bridge? The only other visable differance is that it's a maple neck rather than rosewood but there can't be much in it price wise there. I hope they keep doing the PGM30 because I really want one.
post #98 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitarium
I spoke to some Ibanez bloke at a music exibition I've just been to, he said that the new Paul gilbert model is going to have a fixed bridge and will be more expensive than the PGM30, I don't understand why because surely a FR system is more expensive to buy than a fixed bridge? The only other visable differance is that it's a maple neck rather than rosewood but there can't be much in it price wise there. I hope they keep doing the PGM30 because I really want one.
There might be other appointments that make the guitar cost more, i.e. better pickups, tuners, etc.

I might get a 301, I love the PGMs, love the reverse headstock, don't care for the thought of a PGM with an Edge.

There's something sacreligious about a PGM with a trem.
post #99 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 11:14 AM

If it's made in Japan, it'll likely be a Prestige-level instrument, and will be priced accordingly.
post #100 of 289 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 06:04 PM

js/jem/pgm/andy timmons

the line up I have heard very reliable souces mention could be as follows, PGM fixed bridge for world wide distribution, Jem acoustic (see http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar120.html for pic) the js may be a 7 string or 100 type of the 2000 fixed brige, and andy timmons gets some kind of hybrid SA style guitar. the Vai addition is only specualtion, it could be a JEM Jr. type deal with improvements over the disappointment of the JEM555. but I'll wait until january to find out.
post #101 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 05:40 PM

very realiable source on the new vai, i know what it is, i want one, but i wonder when and how many we will get on our little island.
post #102 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 07:31 PM

Anyone know if the new models will have the tuning problems of the EDGE pro trems solved?

This is in case they are equipped with them of course. If the PGM is a hardtail, the jem is an acoustic, and the TImmons model has a FAT bridge then I guess not; but what about the JS? Or the new Rg models?
post #103 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 11:17 PM

Hey guys, I'm a Vai & Jem fan exclusively. I decided to check out this side though tonight. "ooh yeah, orange guitars, i love them, but they are too rare!
the lava pearl finish that ernie ball does is awesome! now a metallic orange JS slightly stained like the btb
with something like a dna-like (glows in the dark) flame inlays like joe's flamed axe, matching headstock, and maybe also a piezo in there, insanely figured birdseye maple neck, aah, i'm dying!"

If it came out like what he described above, I think I would have to get one. That sounds AWESOME!!! I've already been considering one, that would put me over the top.
post #104 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:19 AM

It's official, the new model is the jemacoustic, aka Ibanez EP7 Euphoria
post #105 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:20 AM

Tags
abalone dot inlays , alder body , andy timmons , basswood body , beautiful guitar , birdseye maple neck , black pickguard , body shape , candy apple red , chrome hardware , cosmo black hardware , crystal planet , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio bridge , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebmm jpm , edge pro trem , edge pro trems , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , ernie ball , fixed bridge , fret inlay , fret neck , guitar playing , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jackson guitars , joe satriani , lava pearl , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pup , paf joe , paf pro , paul gilbert , pro edge , production model , quilted maple , reverse headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fretboard , steve vai , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in