Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JS Guitar from Experience Hendrix Tour

Tags
satch
18K views 53 replies 38 participants last post by  unseenforcez 
#1 ·
Went and saw the Experience Hendrix show here in LA last night. Great great show, everyone did a phenomenal job bringing their take on Jimi's music.

I posted this question on ss.org, thought I'd run it by you guys too seeing as this site is more geared to Ibanez / Satch / Vai in general.

Does anyone know what guitar JS is using on tour???? I saw it last night and assume that it's a custom one-off for him. It was a thing of beauty though:

Light Metallic Blue JS Body
Maple/Maple neck
22 Frets
Matching headstock
Floating Trem
S/S/S sized pickups - possibly all or some humbuckers and what appeared to be a few coil tap options (bunch of switches near the Volume/Tone).

Why oh why can't Ibanez release THAT as a production JS, it looked and sounded ridiculously good! I know it's worthless without pics, but I didn't take a camera with me. Sorry........

See less See more
#4 ·
A bunch of people from Seymour Duncan went to the kickoff in Santa Barbara, and got back stage and stuff, they didn't want people taking pictures but Seymour's son Cody apparently got some good shots. (he's a photographer) If I get hold of them I'll post one. I didn't go. There was a light blue metallic 542R with 3 single coils in the early 90's but I'm sure what you're talking about is a custom build. Now I really wish I were there!

#6 ·
There was a light blue metallic 542R with 3 single coils in the early 90's...
That's the first thing I thought of too. The description sounded like a cross between the 542R (3 singles with rosewood board) and the 442R (HSS with maple board), but the headstock was natural on both of those. I bet Frank's right though -- sounds like a custom build. It'll be interesting to see if whatever this is has a nonlocking trem -- that's something we've never seen on a JS (only Edges and fixed bridge).

#5 ·
Sorry guys, I know it's weak posting without proof of pics but I just didn't have a camera with me. Damned near everyone else did though so there's bound to be good photos soon. All I know is the guitar was sooooooooooo delicious and I'd never seen a JS like that before...

#31 ·
I caught the Experience Hendrix Tour show in Akron last night. Joe was the consummate professional and show stealer - did IMHO a definitive cover of Watchtower, and stole the show (along with Billy Wayne Shepherd - who was just incredible) with Red House. Great show for all you Satch fans although his part was just under half an hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.