JS or JEM????? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

JS or JEM?????

Hi I'm totally stumped on either to buy a JEM or a JS, HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping to either get a 7VWH or a JS1000, the jem is very overpriced(in my opinion, lol) but looks amazing! But the JS quite cheap second hand and looks nice and plays like dream!!! I really need some help on this one, thanx again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:36 PM

look around in this forum (js guitars) ... this is about the 100st thread about this and the pro's and con's (more of pro's on each side, tbh) have been posted a good dozen times, tbh
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saTa
look around in this forum (js guitars) ... this is about the 100st thread about this and the pro's and con's (more of pro's on each side, tbh) have been posted a good dozen times, tbh

Dude,The best way to decide is to give them both a good play (get yourself down to Machinhead next weekend and i'll be the blond guy trying out a Tri-Amp (again,and again)

:-)

Rob
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:45 PM

was this affirming what i said or disliking it?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:46 PM

The old adage,if you can't say anything nice,don't say anything at all,To be quite honest it was'nt a very helpfull post was it ?

Rob (irk)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 05:56 PM

well.. i told him where to find answers to his questions and fearing one could interpret it as a dig at him i added a big fat yellow smile. isn't that nice enough?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 06:25 PM

The way you had explained us,... looks like you want to buy the JS,... so buy it,... you are going to be happier with that decision
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 06:41 PM

Really, man.

I don't mean to be an a**hole but I would be a millionaire if they gave me a cent for each JS vs Jem post I've seen here since I've been in this forum. I'm sure saTa didn't mean to be hard on Vaituoso, either.

As always the advice is the same: try them and buy the one that feels better FOR YOU. Don't pay too much attention to what others may tell you. It's your guitar not theirs.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 12:13 AM

It will help you a lot to use the exact same amplifier you will be playing the guitars through when trying the guitars out........it is all about your preferred sound. It won't help you at all if you play through a rectifier in the store, when all you've got at home is a fender! Whatever feels, plays, and sounds the best.........get that one.

If you wanna sound like satch, get a Js1000.........if vai, a JEM. Just don't get a Js100 and mod it, you'll end up spending too much dough.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

K thanx guys, i'm new here and i didnt realise there were that many jem vs js posts on here, sorry
I didnt mean to start an argument, sorry again
As for the js and jem thing it wasnt supposed to be a versus thing i like both i wanst sure which one is nicer and stuff to play thats all, im goin to try them both out at my local guitar shop soonish thanx. Oh and i use to live in Milton Keynes and ive been there before, but i'm not trekkin half way across the UK to try a guitar i can play here,lol
Sorry for bringin up an already discussed topic.
thanx again
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 09:25 PM

Go here:

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=26832
And I posted it on the Jem forum to get feedback from both sides
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=26833

Mine was more of an amp question, but maybe you can get a use of it.

I decided on the Jem, because I already have a Les Paul, so the Jem compliments my guitars already more than the JS would. I will still buy a JS1000 someday, as it was a very sweet guitar and gets tones similiar to the LP but has a trem and is much lighter), but just when I graduate college and have a higher earning power (but it does get priority!)

Tags
guitar shop , les paul , local guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode