JS serie / (General Questions) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

JS serie / (General Questions)

Hey! I'm currently looking for a guitar, it is a js100 , a 2001 model.
I would like to know it the 2001 js 100 features are the same as the 2010. I couldn't find the information anywhere else, and i think some of you could know it! Also, the guitar has few scratches (great condition item) and the price is 420 US (think its a good deal). And there is a roland GK-2A midi pick up on it. Thanks for your answers! I really appreciate

i asked for some new pictures to make sure the neck is straight, they should arrive soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Re: JS serie / (General Questions)

...and, is there really a difference of quality between the guitar made in korean and those made in japan?

because im actually asking myself if a RG1570 would be a better choice.
thanks!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Suspended

for an extra 3-400 $ u can get a JS1000. Do it
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandreGP View Post
...and, is there really a difference of quality between the guitar made in korean and those made in japan?
Yes, but it's not strictly a question of quality. The JS100 (Korean) does not have the same features as the models made in Japan (JS1000, JS1200, etc). The necks use a different carve, it's got a lower-end bridge (2001 should be a Lo-TRS) and lower-end Ibanez pickups as opposed to Dimarzios. Some of this (pickups, maybe bridge) are easy enough to change out, but the neck might be a deal-breaker. For me, the neck that almost seems to play itself is the best feature of the JS and it can only be had on the Japanese-made models.

Tags
js 100 , js100 , question , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode