Jem 10th vs. Jem 7VWH - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Re: Jem 10th vs. Jem 7VWH

Thanks Alecmm61 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hary View Post
Thanks Alecmm61 !
No problem!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmm61 View Post
thats sums it up the 7v is more playable and better sounding...
the 10th is better looking and more profitable..
but still when you get the 7v you get great looks and great sound.
the 10th is more of a collecters item..
if your a collecter get the 10th,
if you play get the 7vwh..
my opinions.
I disagree with your assessment, I think the 10th is more playable and to my old ears it sounds better too. I just worry about damaging my 10th.

But agree with your conclusion, if your a collecter get the 10th, if you play get the 7vwh. Simply you can abuse the 7vwh without having to worry about the money you're spent dissappearing everytime you breathe on it wrong
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM

I would get the 10th. For what all people soy both are awesome guitars and if you want a 7V you can buy one in the future.. the 10th would be more difficult to find.. just my opinion.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jem people ,
I already have one nice 7WVH , but thinking to buy another Jem, I get to the conclusion only 10th can be in the same league or even better ,at least not worst than VWH .
So,that was a reason of my question .

Any other ideas which guitar could be my second Jem , but simular and even better than 7vwh ,what ever that "better " might means.
Cheers,
BH
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

The obvious choice is to break the bank and head for the Y2K DNA edition for even more flash

The original MC guitars are cool and collectable too and very unique.

Or you could go for one of the early JEMs like the loch ness gree which has a rather different feel to it, or if you fancy a more thrash/hardcore moment, try a JEM7BSB - that raw finish gives the guitar a nasty nasty tone that is just screaming
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Why the "versus" question? ... get BOTH!!!!!

No, really... I've only had my Jem10 for about 4 months, and words cannot describe how I feel about it. I have owned over 10 other Jems, and none of them compare to this Jem10. I am convinced (but only because I'm mental) that the Jem10s are just special instruments... They are "the" perfect blend of beauty and functionality.

Fortunately for me, I found a Jem10 on sleezBay that was not a collector's piece. I would never spend that kind of money for a guitar that I'm going to play out with. FWIW, I don't believe in collector guitars. They are to be played ... otherwise, it's not a guitar. It's just jewelry or something. Just my stupid opinion.

If you can find an affordable Jem10 (whatever "affordable" means?), GET IT! But a 7VWH is a great guitar as well. And it seems that Vai does quite well with one.

Lastly, I would only add that I tend to shy away from 7VWH'es because I don't ever want to be viewed as a Steve Vai wannabe.
Even if it's true!

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM

If I had the money I'd go 10th. But for just a player guitar its hard to beat the VWH!
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:13 PM

How exactly is the 10th more playable though... Aren't they exactly the same dimensions, hardware and all that?
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 PM

If I had the money id buy 2 10th's 1 to play other to keep safe!
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
How exactly is the 10th more playable though... Aren't they exactly the same dimensions, hardware and all that?
They have different necks. The dimensions are similar, but to my hands (no I've not had a micrometer out) the 10th is a slightly fuller feeling neck, which might not be so great to shred on for 5 minutes like a super wizard neck, but give it 30 minutes or an hour or two and it's well worth it.

Perhaps most importantly though the 10th's neck has a far more natural feeling finish which means that it's more comfortable, less sticky and lets you connect more with the instrument.

If you have the opportunity to A/B the necks you'd see what I mean. I'm sure other owners of both guitars would have similar experiences. Guys...

Tags
alder body , basswood body , beautiful guitar , bridge pickup , ebony board , ebony boards , locking tremolo , mahogany body , neck finish , production model , quilted maple , rosewood board , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode