JEM 555 BK ??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

JEM 555 BK ???

Hey everyone,

Can anyone help me determine if this is legit just by the pics? Everything seems right to me. I just want to make absolutely sure and figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks for any help guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM

Re: JEM 555 BK ???

Seems legit enough, but it's still just a 555, for which $600 shipped is a little much. Save a bit more money and get a better, Japanese-made Ibanez of some kind. I'm sure you can find one much more local than South Korea as well, which will save on shipping charges.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

True, true. Thanks a lot man!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 AM

Seems right, and you seem to be luky having one with edge pro II (only made in 2003 if I remember it right) wich is quite better than the edge III
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleTheNervo View Post
Seems right, and you seem to be luky having one with edge pro II (only made in 2003 if I remember it right) wich is quite better than the edge III
actually, the edge pro 2 is one of the worst (if not the worst) trems ibanez made. they stopped using them cause they were so bad i think.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebake View Post
actually, the edge pro 2 is one of the worst (if not the worst) trems ibanez made. they stopped using them cause they were so bad i think.
It was sobstituted by edge III due to the copyright duties pending on it , Floyd Rose had copyrights on low-profile trem so Ibanez changed the low profiled edge pro II with the whale tail edge III.

Last edited by AleTheNervo; 01-11-2010 at 03:02 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
Seems legit enough, but it's still just a 555, for which $600 shipped is a little much. Save a bit more money and get a better, Japanese-made Ibanez of some kind. I'm sure you can find one much more local than South Korea as well, which will save on shipping charges.
Yeah man, I would go with waht johns says, pass on the 555, save and get a japanese Ibanez, MUCH better and will be worth the wait
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Yeah this was for a friend of mine. Turns out the 555 isn't in his future after all. I hope he finds something better as he hasn't had a guitar in a while now. Blessing in disguise!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode