Jem 555 edge pro questions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Jem 555 edge pro questions

I'm haveing trouble levelling my edge pro 2 on my 555. I don't think there is enough space in the back cavity as I cant pull the guitar trem level, it just hits the back.

I'll leave a link to some photos. Hopefully someone can figure out this issue and as i'm starting to think I have a fake jem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM

Re: Jem 555 edge pro questions

What gauge of strings and tuning are you using? Do you have the neck shimmed at all? How long have you had this instrument. At a quick glance it looks like a real 555 to me. From the looks of it you have 4 springs installed, whats the reason behind this? The typical number is 3. If you are in standard tuning and you have 9 gauge strings you can start by tightening the spring claw screws in the back of the guitar. But honestly you should probably go through rich'es full setup guide anyways. http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Re: Jem 555 edge pro questions

Obviously when you're pulling the trem up sustain block rests against the cavity wood that does not let the trem go further. Maybe you have your trem knives totally worn out? Are the trem posts okay ?

Last edited by klee; 10-02-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Tags
edge pro , jem 555 , questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode