Jem 555 .. with Gold Hardware - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Jem 555 .. with Gold Hardware

WE all know how much a 7VWH cost here in the UK, its alot of money , and while i dont want to pay that much for a 7VWH, i like how they look, i have a 555 which i got for around £600, and ( although purists will laugh at it ) I am more than happy with it. There have been alot of people on here asking what a 555 with gold hardware would look like, so i started getting gold hardware for mine. Its not finished yet, i need to get gold screws for the pickup etc, but i think it looks alot better. I had a Lo-Pro in there, but to be honest, it didnt look, or sit right, i have an OFR in there now, and its way better than the TRS.

anyway, i will post a better pic when its done, and for some reason the gold dosnt look half as "gold" as it does in real life, must just be a case of getting used to the digi-cam.

EDIT : sorry for the no show guys, it would seem UK ISP's are awful, they wont let me upload a pic without applying in permission in tripilicate. if anyone wants it, or wants to host it for me ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
EKG

A better pic? I don't see anything....Love gold hardware, though ;-)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 06:08 AM

e-mail me dude,i'll pop it up on ere for ya.

[email protected]

Cheers

Rob
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 02:23 PM

An ere ya go fella :-)

Rob
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Kolesar
A better pic? I don't see anything....Love gold hardware, though ;-)
Dont we all,I still think gold hardware is kinda nice looking on most guitars,Some better than others,Altho Gabe's Jem10th custom thingy :-)

Rob
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 02:29 PM
EKG

Hey, that looks really good!

Also, if you wanted gold pole pieces for the pups, Dimarzio will sell them to you...not sure, but I think $5 (US) a pup.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 05:47 PM

Right Eddie,That has got to be at least twice you have Posted something i'm thinking about,Now your either psycic (sp?) or are you my long lost twin ??? lol

And yeah she looks good,Athlon's a lucky dude,I must admit it's probably something i could handle :-)

Rob (currently buggering off to get an e-mail off to dimarzio)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanx for posting the pic for me Rob ....

think i might sell her soon, once i get all the gold conversion thing done. Still have to get the rest of the screws for the scratchplate etc.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 09:01 PM

Why do you want to sell her?

//Me
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon
Thanx for posting the pic for me Rob ....

think i might sell her soon, once i get all the gold conversion thing done. Still have to get the rest of the screws for the scratchplate etc.
Eh? Bejesus dont worry about me putting it up for ya :-)

How much would you be looking at selling it for ??? I know of 2 people that may be seriously interested (besides,I need a set of gold machineheads) Heh heh

Rob
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:09 PM

That looks great! I've been considering upgrading my 555 for a while now, but have no idea where I'd purchase an OFR. Any suggestions? (I live in the UK). Does the new trem bring a significant difference to its playability and sound? Thanks.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

trem is alot more stable than the TRS, although it "moves" alot more, and is alot more springy, now i can do the gargley noise easy!! i have a trem setter, but i dont want to fit it. I bought a guitar that had gold hardware and just swapped it ( it was a high end washburn, USA made, none of thier cheap rubbish ) prices for an OFR in the uk are at around £160 just for the bridge assembly, but if you go to www.customshopparts.com they do a gold floyd for $89, which isnt alot of bunce.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon
trem is alot more stable than the TRS, although it "moves" alot more, and is alot more springy, now i can do the gargley noise easy!! i have a trem setter, but i dont want to fit it. I bought a guitar that had gold hardware and just swapped it ( it was a high end washburn, USA made, none of thier cheap rubbish ) prices for an OFR in the uk are at around £160 just for the bridge assembly, but if you go to www.customshopparts.com they do a gold floyd for $89, which isnt alot of bunce.

Thanks, but how does their 'Ultra Floyd' compare with the original, and is it interchangeable with the TRS?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:35 PM

That's beautiful! I played a few of them about a year or two ago and my only particular beefs were that the trem felt stiff, and so did the volume pot. I guess going this route is a lot cheaper than springing for a real VWH...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Just of the phone to machinehead music in UK, ordered rest of what needed, screws for scratchplates and pickup etc, then ... i think i will sell it

yeah, thats the one good thing about the TRS, an OFR just pops right in there, its like it was routed especially for it !!

Tags
guitar shop , trem setter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode