Jem 555bk - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Jem 555bk

ok i have been reading on here and see people talking down on the 555. i have even seen that it has been called " not a real jem ". Well i just picked mine up for 100.00 bucks and i tell you i would have payed 500+ for it. it plays awsome and is fast and acurate. the trem is the trs2 so it feels weird but it always goes back to perfect tune after dives and pulls till it bottoms (almost 5 steps up). Not to mention this thing is beautiful. the sound is awsome with the evo PU.

So my real question is why the looking down on it? i think it is a great player and i will be getting tons of use. heck you can gig this one cause the jem 10th and the others are to expensive to dare ding them. i have a extra edge trem that i can put on it when the time comes but i feel it is good for now.

Yes i have played the very expensive ones. heck i got to play FLO that mr vai brought to a guitar center along with evo to do a clinic. late 50's strat les pauls and the high end jems. i know this guitar is nowhere near those but the point is it feels and sounds good.

So in my book this little 555 stands as a real jem and deserves more than it gets.

just my opinions... not trying to cause a arguement

Last edited by Cornbread; 02-02-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Re: Jem 555bk

Vai let you play FLO?

oh yeah and i own a jem 555 and put an original edge on it and it plays just like me other jem...i mean if you can pick em up for less than 500 and spend a little on a nicer trem, theres no real difference other than the vine.... nice buy!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 05:18 PM

parker did you have mod the trem cavity to change it to an edge trem? I have the edgepro2 on my 555. It's a good enough trem and never had tuning problems with it. But I heard some stories of them snapping because of the poor materials used.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

yes it was really cool. if you can get a chance to go to a clinic they are awsome. Vai was really nice and wasn't all big time star attatude. he had flo and evo there but evo was sitting in a case so you could see it and touch it but he never played it. he had flo out and gave the 15 people there a chance to bang out some notes on it. his clinic was about modes and triads. little over my head but i enjoyed playing and being there. he did some licks from "for the love ov god" bad horsie and wispering a prayer. and did some blues improv and some really cool rythem stuff with lead added. he was a super guy and it was awsome about how much information he was willing to give. i just want to say that hearing him play was a real treat. and he was 5 feet in front of me. Also the Blue voodoo amp sounded awsome. i still want one

Tags
blue voodoo , edge trem , les paul , les pauls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode