Jem 70V, good for a first Jem? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Question Jem 70V, good for a first Jem?

Hey guys.

I'm pretty sure the title says it all, but I thought I'd ask you all your opinions. So give me your honest opinions on the guitar, especially if you own or have owned one. Would you say it's good for a first Jem? I love the look as I love surf green, I have played one and I thought it was amazing (I've also played many 7VWH models, and quite a few Jem 555 models, which I thought both were also amazing)
But the real question is how reliable are they as a main axe, can they hold there own at gigs and withstand alot of abuse?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Re: Jem 70V, good for a first Jem?

Of course, people worry far to much about "reliability" of guitars, I'v toured the UK several times with an RG that cost me about £300 brand new, never changed a thing and I still use it everyday now.

Jems imo are just about looks they feel and play the same as there RG counterpart, for example a 555 will be similar to an RG3xx and such, the 70v will feel and play like a premium model and so on.

The only thing to think about really is do you want to be seen playing live using a "signature" guitar?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM

If it feels great and you love how it looks and plays, then by all means, go for it!

What it looks like on tour? Seriously? Lol.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

postofficebuddy, I do own an RG350MYE and I love it too and I know the premium range will be much better. And signature guitars aren't a problem, I own 5 signature guitars and used my JS100 as my main live guitar for a long time. But over the years, it's started having a few problems with the locking nuts and the bridge itself after the constant abuse. It's fixable but doesn't really last too long.

PBGas, That's a pretty straight forward answer. Lol.

Tags
70v , jem , seafoam green , sfg , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode