Jem 77 pmc - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By bob mclaughlin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Jem 77 pmc

Hi I'm hoping I might get some impartial advice on my jem 77 pmc. I'm looking to get the guitar insured or potential sell but have zero idea what it's worth. Never really considered this before it's always just been my guitar. House renovations may make the choice for me. Its in reasonable condition a few dings over the years and im based in the UK. Many thanks Iggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Jem 77 pmc

Hi Iggy,

I have my GMCs insured as named items on my house insurance. Having had expensive guitars stolen before I wholeheartedly recommend it!

If you want to sell I think anything from £3000 (poor swirl, lots of fade, bad condition) woudl be a fair price. One was just on ebay for £7000 which seemed a bit steep to me, but I watched the auctionwith great interest. PM me some pics if you're interested in selling, I might be the first to ask, but with only 271 even made, I doubt i'll be the last!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jono - Yep I had the same experience recently hence thinking about insurance mind you they took my car rather than the guitars but still..gutted.

Thanks for the info I had a "feeling" it was in that range but it's good to have some one confirm this.

I'll PM you a link to some photos ...once I work out how to do that!!?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 04:10 PM

I think you’re in the US$3,500 to $5,000 range for these today. How nice the swirl looks and condition are what drive the price as the other poster mentioned. Though a case queen in mint condition I suspect would go for more than 5K in an auction. These are nicer in person too. An unfaded one (keep these out of UV!!) are really nice. I don’t know why but the photos never do these justice plus no rosewood so a MUCH easier ship internationally. One day I’ll get a group shot of what I have and post it. I think it’s documented that at least three of these have been destroyed and countless others have been beat to hell so that 271 number I’m sure is lower now as far as nice PMC’s (and GMC’s for that matter) that remain in the wild.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Thats a good point I wonder how many are actually still around. Would be interesting to build out a database of registered 77s
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:36 PM

Here's my POS...….

Just kidding, but unfortunately it IS a case queen...…
Leviathus likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin View Post
Here's my POS...….

Just kidding, but unfortunately it IS a case queen...…
Look at the vibrancy of that pink in the swirl, that's perfect. Now get it back in its case before the photo starts to make the colours fade!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:17 PM

Wow that PMC is super clean, nice one!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode