Jem 77 PMC - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Jem 77 PMC

Hi,
I have a Jem 77 PMC that I'm going to be selling and I was wondering if you could tell me what I can expect to get for it. It's about 70 to 80% mint. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:08 PM

Might need some more details. Any damage to neck or anything that affects playability or just cosmetic damage? I'll leave the estimating to someone more qualified. Peace
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

No defects that would affect playability, the neck (including fretboard), body and headstock are all in great shape. There are a couple of nicks and dings in the headstock and body but nothing huge.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:13 PM

PMC value

The PMC is one of the most valuable Steve Vai Ibanez models, but 70%-80% condition doesn't sound very good. Is the damage in the finish/body and neck, or is it hardware? If all it needs is a new trem, knobs, pickups, etc. it'd probably be worth it for you to replace the parts before you sell it. But if the finish is damaged, you'll have to lower your expectations.

I don't really have a good idea what less-well-preserved swirls go for, but I know that mint ones sell from $1500 or $1750 on up (sometime, way up!). Definitely tell the group exactly what is wrong with the guitar -- then, people around here who are smarter and more experienced than I can give you a better estimate. In any case, it's an awesome guitar. Best of luck!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:16 PM
RCB

You will have to post some pics before anyone can give any advice. A perfect PMC could go for 2200 or more. But if it has several dings or chips, the price will suffer greatly.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I'll try to post some images of it tomorrow and you guys can judge and let me know. Thank you for your help!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshirt
No defects that would affect playability, the neck (including fretboard), body and headstock are all in great shape. There are a couple of nicks and dings in the headstock and body but nothing huge.
That sounds not entirely unreasonable considering its age and assuming its been played regularly. You should be easily able to get $2k+ depending on condition... maybe $2.5k+ if the dings are very minor and the hardware isn't corroded. These guesstimates are based purely on what I've seen them sell for.

The good thing about guitars like the Jem PMC/GMC/10th... limited production run, and a tendency to appreciate in value. It's like real estate... if your neighbour sells his house for X, if yours is similar, you too can ask that price.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 04:29 PM

Re: Jem 77 PMC

I have been seeing an ad a lokal paper about a second hand 77pmc,
and this guy is looking for an offer,don't have much info at the moment.
I don't even know iff it's U.S or Japan made.
can anybody out there give me a guideline on what price to offer this guy
thanks
Ramon
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon123
I have been seeing an ad a lokal paper about a second hand 77pmc,
and this guy is looking for an offer,don't have much info at the moment.
I don't even know iff it's U.S or Japan made.
can anybody out there give me a guideline on what price to offer this guy
thanks
Ramon

The PMC was made in Japan.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 03:01 PM

its worth $5, sorry.... Ill take it off your hands for you, infact Ill pay shipping.

Tags
ibanez models , jem pmc , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

ibanez jem 77PMC
ibanez JEM 77PMC
jem 77pmc
ibanez jem 77PMC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode