Jem 777 30th anniversary problem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Jem 777 30th anniversary problem

Hi guys,

So after thinking a lot I decided to buy a desert yellow 777 30th anniversary Jem. I think I got a good deal.
The special picks were missing, but I didn't care, I thought it was still a good deal.

Then I got home and I noticed the special engraved 30th anniversary plate that's supposed to be attached inside the case was missing and no indication there ever was one attached. It looks just like a regular red felt Prestige case, the Instruction Manual says Prestige Ibanez. I called Sam Ash and they told me there was no doubt this is the correct case.

But now I'm wondering if this is normal or if they lost the original case and/or worse. The swiss army like tool is also red colored, while all others I've seen are green. Authenticity lanyard is there.

Will this lower the value of the guitar? Is this normal? Would you suspect foul play? Am I worrying too much? What would you do?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, it felt like the correct one to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Vendor

Re: Jem 777 30th anniversary problem

It's the wrong case. The manual would have JEM on it and the tool would be green [and it would have the plaque of course]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Re: Jem 777 30th anniversary problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's the wrong case. The manual would have JEM on it and the tool would be green [and it would have the plaque of course]
Thank you. I wonder what happened to the original case.

I like the guitar, but for the price, I expect perfection. I'll think about it.

Tags
case , fake , plaque , plate , sam ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode