Jem 777DY pickup question. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Jem 777DY pickup question.

I finally took the pick guard off my Jem and confirmed that the bridge pickup is not stock. It is a PAF pro, but not the original one. the neck pick up says dimarzio pickups made in usa but no dp designation while the bottom says dp 151. but the kicker is the bottom pickup's is in my opinion upside down. why would the pickup be flipped and what are the effects of doing this. i am going through the wiring to make sure it's all okay but as well i don't have a wiring diagram for the jem as it is an 88. if any one can help me i'd be much obliged

acx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Re: Jem 777DY pickup question.

If you go to DiMarzio.com and go to the FAQ tab then to pickups and finally to orientation and height adjustments, there you get some info that may help. I'd post a link but for some reason I can't.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 08:38 PM

one pickup is reversed I believe for phasing issues in the 2 and 4 positions.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Vendor

The neck p/u is flipped to put the inside coil as the single when split in 2, to match the inner coil that's split on the bridge in 4.

Tags
bridge pickup , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , paf pro , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode