JEM 77FP - I am starting this Project... Help me out... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

JEM 77FP - I am starting this Project... Help me out...

Ok.... I have a JEM 77FP body and I love the thing to death, BUT I can't seem to find a freaking neck for it!!! Does anyone out there know where I can find one???

ALSO: The body has a nasty crack on the neck joint... What can fix this?? I don't mean seemlessly fix it, but is there something I can put on there to help prevent it from SPREADING???!!

The FP series is really awesome, I am very impressed with it... I just don't like the PINK pickups!!!

Thanks for your help!!
MarkY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 03:24 AM

JEM 77FP

Well I can imagine that an FP neck could turn out to be pretty expensive to buy second hand (if you can find on that is).
If it's has to be an FP neck, (in terms of dimensions and inlays) then see what www.warmoth.com can do for you.

You'll also see a few posts on this forum from people who are starting up small construction outfits.

For the pickups, you could buy some covers from Jeannie's in any colour/material you wish.

Cheers
Steve

(Edited by ripl3y at 3:27 am on April 19, 2001)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 09:17 AM

JEM 77FP

The crack you described in the neck joint could be a common phenomenon experienced by all jem owners...Stress Cracks in the paint. Is the paint's surfaced cracked or is it the wood? If it's just the paint it's nothing to be worried about.

Chris.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 09:41 AM

JEM 77FP

Try nail polish over the crack if you wanna seal it up.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 09:43 AM

JEM 77FP

Btw make sure it's clear.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

JEM 77FP

The crack is on the surface, above the material... I think nail polish might work (thanks noodles, but what do you guys think about apoxy reseign? I used it on a snowboard once, but i am concerned on it being to HARSH for the CLEAR coat over the fabric....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

MarkY

P.S. Still looking for a neck.....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:43 AM

JEM 77FP

If you can't find a neck cheap then have one made for you. *It'll take some time, but you can get a basic Jem neck for around $350-$400. *Look for a 6 month wait from some places. *Well worth it though.

Gabe
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 12:49 PM

JEM 77FP

Brian Calvert (becalvert) had a BFP neck up for sale a few weeks ago, if you don't mind the maple (i love it)

~Kenny
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 01:16 PM

JEM 77FP

The BFP neck is gone....bummer.

Mark- The fabric is actually pulled away from the body. I stated this in my ad in the For Sale section. Unless you fix that, the clear will always crack. Your local luthier should be able to repair it. Mine could, I just had to cancel the project for other, more important things. Thus...you have the body.

You are going to have a hard time finding a "Jem" neck, unless you go the custom route. But...any standard neck joint RG neck will fit and work very well until you get the neck you want or have one made.

Enjoy the new project and have fun.

J>
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 02:05 PM

JEM 77FP

I bought the bfp neck-sorry!

MarkY I am on the look out for an Fp neck for you though.

cheers

Simon
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 02:42 PM
Vendor

JEM 77FP

Superglue.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 11:01 AM

JEM 77FP

Wait a sec, I ordered an FP neck for a custom JEM project about nine years ago. It took six months for Steve's Music in Ottawa to get it, but it arrived - at a cost of just over $500 Canadian. How much do they go for now privately?

Tags
bfp neck , brian calvert , clear coat , custom jem , jem neck , jem project , local luthier , neck joint , standard neck , standard neck joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode